Unreasonable number of clockworks in Adventure Mode World 5 if SW or Hamlet compatibility is enabled

CameoAppearance
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Fixed

This is basically unsurvivable (well, maybe running through it as fast as possible with night armor on would work, if you were at full health and didn't get stuck or stunlocked or pick the wrong direction to run), so I gave myself some thulecite armor with the console to help me live long enough to get screenshots. A friend brought it to my attention originally, and I've attached the video she showed me because it makes the point a lot better than a still screenshot.

toomanyclockworks.thumb.png.12a5741ac24b88c3376ea5f04e0ce902.png

This seems excessive. There aren't this many in plain RoG or vanilla without compatibility enabled.

Longer, higher quality video:

toomanyclockworks_map.png

toomanyclockworks2.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. Start a RoG save with Shipwrecked or Hamlet compatibility enabled and enter Adventure Mode. I don't know if playing a SW or Ham character is necessary or changes the likelihood; I did complete Adventure Mode as WX-78 in a Shipwrecked compatible world a few years ago without running into this problem.

2. Complete chapters 1-4.

3. Enter the Darkness chapter and look for the clockwork biome.

4. Get attacked by 20 Clockwork Bishops in one screen's worth of space.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
On 1/31/2023 at 7:13 PM, minespatch said:

wx main reaction? :wilson_sneaky:

I don't know about that.

delight.thumb.png.33cb4cc0bb4ded5d632fb4e80bfed52a.png

devastation.thumb.png.64174e6c8e538c6300092e0368379419.png

I actually did try running through it as WX with full upgrades and night armor, and they still got stunlocked and died.

• Haha 1

Share this comment