World settings does not show up on lobby

Gingerbread
  • Fixed

Yeah as title says. for dedicated servers after this update sometimes world settings does not show up in the lobby and instead, it says "world unknown". One way to fix it for now is to completely remove worldgenoverride.lua from Caves folder, regenerate world and then put back the worldgenoverride.lua to Caves folder. stop server. start again and once again regenerate world.. I had this problem fixed via this method. Then put back my mod and world unknown appeared again for my server now. I will try to do the trick i did above and will see the result if it will fix again. This is the error message. When this error message shows up, world settings is unable to be seen in the lobby.

[00:00:12]: WARNING: Failed to cache WorldGen data for server listing.  Data size (5732) exceeded max length (5120.

Steps to Reproduce
after the update some servers' worldgen settings does not show up in the lobby. Log file gives this error [00:00:12]: WARNING: Failed to cache WorldGen data for server listing. Data size (5732) exceeded max length (5120.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I tried this trick, but it didn't work. The error message still showed. Please help! Also, what do you mean by "regenerate world?"

Share this comment

=

On 5/2/2016 at 6:43 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Changed Status to Fixed

Hi @Ipsquiggle,

Unfortunately, I still get the problem with one of my mods (as of June 3, 2018). It does have custom presets, locations, task sets, etc. Could this have any impact on it? I would think so. Any idea how to fix this?

[00:00:43]: WARNING: Failed to cache WorldGen data for server listing.  Data size (5501) exceeded max length (5120.

- Jochem

Share this comment