weregoose is sinking if boat is destroyed

Serpens
  • Closed

Since the goose is able to walk over water, I guess it should not sink when the boat is gone, right?

By the way, could you please allow modders to disable your multiplayer_portal teleport if on impassable? The code that is currently in OnLoad within player_common.lua. We would like to make the goose also able to walk over the "nothing" in caves, which works fine by just changing the collsion. But when save/loading while the goose is within "nothing" your code teleports it back to the multiplayer_portal since there is no drownable component in caves and it is on impassable ground.

A simple solution would be to do sth like:
inst.impassableteleporttoportal = inst:DoTaskInTime(0,...)
Now mods can cancel this task easily if they want.

Or is there a way to somehow make sure my own DoTaskInTime(0,...) is executed before your task with 0 ? I guess this is not ppssible, so saving the task within inst might be the solution. Adding drownable component within mod to solve this might not be a good idea, since much of your code depends on that.

Steps to Reproduce
Be on a boat with the weregoose and then destroy/remove the boat -> goose will sink.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

As of the next hot fix (today or tomorrow?), players without a drownable component will not teleport to the portal on spawn.

thank you :)
but is this really what you want? I'm not sure what the reason for this multiplayer_portal teleport is, but it sounded reasonable to teleport players on impassable ground to the portal. Players on the ocean with drownable will sink anyway directly after spawn. So... the only loation where this teleport might make sense is within caves..?
So it still might be a better idea to simply save the task, so modders might cancel it, if needed.

But of course you have a better overlook over the code, so your decision will be the right one :)

Edited by Serpens

Share this comment

In the caves the place with "void" is not en empty space, this is where caves "walls" are! Do you want to let goose go through the cave walls?

Share this comment