Volt Goat Herds Can Merge, Destroying One herd permanently (Christmas Miracle?)

lakhnish
  • Fixed

A world gives the player two volt goat herds to spawn with or a player already has a long-standing world with two volt goat herds.

If one or both of the herds are low in population and both goat herds are close together, the herds will merge together. The total volt goat population in the world goes from two herds to one herd.

May be in relation to Game Update 280490, specifically this: "Fixed bug preventing herds from merging together properly."

This update was targeted towards fixing beefalo overpopulation, but changes were made in herd.lua, which affects other mobs as well (in this case, volt goats).

Previous reports:

During the Celestial Update

During the Hallowed Nights Event

This is a visual example of what I mean in-case the above was not clear.

Edit: As far as I'm aware, this affects the console versions as well.

Edit2: If c_countprefabs is not printing the amount of goat herds in a world, its because caves are on. To use c_countprefabs in a cave-enabled world, use

ThePlayer.components.talker:Say(tostring(c_countprefabs("lightninggoatherd")))

This will make the player say how many herds there are in a world.

Steps to Reproduce
1) Use c_countprefabs("lightninggoatherd") to see that there are two goat herds. [or ThePlayer.components.talker:Say(tostring(c_countprefabs("lightninggoatherd"))) if its a cave-enabled world] 2)Get one or both goat herds to be low in population (they are normally low when the world starts, but you can do that manually in long-standing worlds). 3)Get either goat herd close to the other one. See with c_countprefabs("lightninggoatherd") that goat herd population went from two herds to one. This is a visual example, viewed here. https://youtu.be/Oq9c9SA2lEg?t=120

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
On 12/10/2018 at 2:56 PM, Diaboliko said:

Its nice to see someone who have not yet given up on hopes of recieving fixes like that.

If I could react with the Thanks reaction, Haha reaction, and Sad reaction all on the same comment, I would. But this is the best I can do. 
" Thanks! : -) :'( "

• Like 1

Share this comment