Unable to reach klei server

Nieuchwytny
  • Pending

Hi. I bought game last week and whole time i have problem with Klei servers. I can login to the game and I can see other people servers, but I can't connect to them. I can't connect to the forge servers too. I tried to check files, disabling all mods (but it started before I downloaded any mods), reinstalling, adding DST to firewall (I don't have antyvirus so it can't be reason). Im from Poland, i tried everything from FAQ (restarting router, etc). Please help because i bought game and i can't play with others... It's just NORMAL Don't Starve at this moment...

Sorry for my "perfect" english.

Steps to Reproduce
It started when i bought the game... Just it..

User Feedback

Hi,

Please try to connect to any server again. After it fails, shutdown DST then please attack the log file to this bug report. The log file can be found here: \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt 

Share this comment

Please send us the results of a few tests.

Go to https://login.kleientertainment.com/HealthCheck in your browser and show us what you get

Open cmd.exe (assuming you're on windows) and do

ping login.kleientertainment.com

tracert login.kleientertainment.com

and send us the full results of those two things.

Thanks in advance, this will make it much easier to figure out what's going on

Share this comment

I found something, in console I can ping your servers, but in router options it says "Bad adress" with IP and Domain name, probably is something wrong with my router, but what?

//Edit: Do you use some from those ports?:

25,53,135,137,138,139,161,162,445 or 1080

If yes, I have blocked those ports.

Edited by Nieuchwytny

Share this comment

Few months after my last comment, still, I didn't received any answer from support. Can you answer this? Im from poland, Don't Starve Together after few updates still not working (still can't reach klei servers when im trying to connect to any server).

Share this comment

Just 443 for any TCP connection, and the UDP for the gameplay itself for which the port can be configured.

Share this comment

Then why I can't connect to any server. I can log in, I can see other games, I can host game but my friend get freezed after minute or two and have "timed out" error. It happens with all of my friends having DST, but they can play on other servers.

Share this comment

Then your firewall is probably timing out their UDP connections. Since you said you blocked a bunch of ports you must have a very aggressive firewall configuration, some rule in there is killing your friends' UDP connections after a minute or two. Look for any mention of UDP timeouts

Share this comment

I turned off all my firewalls (windows, router, etc) and nothing changed. Still my friend get timed out and still I can't join to any servers.

Share this comment

Check your router's UDP timeout settings. If you can't find them let me know the make/model of your router and I'll see if I can google an answer for you.

Share this comment

Sorry for not responding but I had things to do. My router model is "UPC Connect Box" from UPC, sadly, most of results in google is in polish language and I can't find anything helpful.

Edited by Nieuchwytny

Share this comment