Trying to fill watering can crashes the server

CaptainChaotica
  • Pending

I made a watering can, went to the nearest pond, and tried to fill it--and the game just disconnected.  Yes, this server is running mods; I'm not sure which of them would be causing this specific crash, though, because none of them would seem to use a related piece of code.  ("Thirst" might be a problem, but that's not activated on this world.)  

Mods:  Cherry Forest, Auto-Health Adjust, Big Birchnuts Together, Evergreens 2Gether, Gorge Lights, Furniture Megapack, Pickle It!, Painted Pig Houses, Trinket Variety, Animal Variety, Gnome Variety, Actual Season Randomizer, Rot-Be-Gone, Spike Trap.  Since a number of these are worldgen-altering mods, I'm thinking that shutting them all down to test how if the crash still occurs without them would...probably crash the game in and of itself.

Edit:  It also crashed when I tried talking to a fluffy seed, but weirdly not generic seeds or partially-grown non-potato plants.
(I was gonna say something here about "I love the legit sentences you get to say with this game!" about "talking to a fluffy seed", but now I'm not in the mood.)

Bolded the part about how TAKING OFF ALL THE MODS WOULD BE A VERY BAD IDEA INDEED so the "experts" could perhaps actually read it.

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Have a watering can equipped.

Click it on a pond (or ocean, I'm guessing)

Game crashes.

User Feedback

Thanks.  Thanks for all your wonderfully helpful replies.  I did not in fact know or think of any of that.  Certainly didn't mention it as a possibility right in the original message, no.  Making the picture bigger and bigger was SO helpful.  It told me SO much.

Also somebody else here has been having watering-can problems, so I was hoping it WASN'T just a mod thing.

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1

Share this comment

10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Thanks.  Thanks for all your wonderfully helpful replies.

Aw shucks, you're welcome :)

• Potato Cup 1

Share this comment

10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Thanks.  Thanks for all your wonderfully helpful replies.  I did not in fact know or think of any of that.  Certainly didn't mention it as a possibility right in the original message, no.  Making the picture bigger and bigger was SO helpful.  It told me SO much.

Also somebody else here has been having watering-can problems, so I was hoping it WASN'T just a mod thing.

So you were aware that Klei would not be able to help you with this issue, and proceeded to file a bug report anyway..?

I'm not sure what you're expecting Klei to do, given that:
1. You only posted the client log, the server log is also necessary. If you had provided it, someone could potentially at least tell you what mod is causing the crash, assuming it's a case where it's included in the stack trace.
2. You're running about 14 mods, which have significantly different purposes and thus implementations.
3. Running that many mods means there's likely bound to be issues in some way between some of them.
4. Klei did not develop the mods, nor would they have any reason to know how the mods were coded. 

Perhaps you could elaborate on what you were seeking or expecting by posting this? It would be easier to help that way.

Additionally, the only other person I've seen discussing an issue with the watering-can was talking about an issue with the action not working properly to provide a failure quote. Your issue is significantly different.

Edited by penguin0616

Share this comment