The ground is "skipping"/stuttering when you move around

FTR
  • Pending

So it's difficult to explain but when you walk, it's not perfectly smooth and ground is stuttering a bit every few steps. The character and all objects seem to be animated perfectly fine and fps is also stable 60. I am not sure if it's camera related issue or something else. I tested it without mods and it makes no difference.

I play dst in a while and I just recently noticed this.

Steps to Reproduce
just.. walk

User Feedback

7 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Does this happen when you host (with or without caves?), or when you join a server?

It happens when I host. I noticed streamers have the same issue. It's not that easy to notice but once you do it can become annoying.

Share this comment

This is happening on console too (Xbox One) the most effective way to reproduce this bug is by punching a Juicy Berry Bush..

The Berries Will hilariously slide across the ground like they’re skidding acrossed Ice.

Ive had this happen to me while playing as Wormwood too (not sure how to reproduce Wormwood bug) but just letting you guys know it happens to both Juicy Berries AND player Characters.

my personal thoughts are that you are secretly working on some sort of “Ice Biome” where players and items sliding across the ground will end up being a core gameplay feature in this biome..

(and if your not working on an Ice Biome then this bug should perfectly motivate you to get busy doing exactly just that complete with new Ice Biome themed creatures such as abominable snow yetis that throw snow covered rocks towards you when you chop trees/ burn trees inside their beloved home space)

Share this comment