string "scripts/vecutil.lua"]:24: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'p2_x' (a nil value)

Kova_
  • Pending

Heya, server crashed after some Wanda wanted to do arithmetical operation on nil and she forgot that Lua is not JS.

Steps to Reproduce

Have 7/24 server and play Wanda. Release new game update. :) 

See the logs crash_report (56).txt

User Feedback

I'm pretty sure it is from one of the mods you are running which being used to delete things near by. It is removing Wanda's backstep markers for whatever reason, causing the game to crash as they are not meant to be removed this way.

If you look through your logs, there is probably a line that says: "[some time]: pocketwatch_warp_marker". The attached logs are only a snap shot so I cannot verify for sure.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks for info @ScottHansen I have informed admins about this issue. 

I tried to reproduce and it is correct that it has been done by deletion. However I doubt the deletion was caused by a server mod that we are running. The mod we use for improving performance deletes only items from a list of prefabs (thus not markers). I also doubt it was caused by the admin mods (you can see them in RemoteCommands).

BTW, I noticed one weird thing: On self hosted, I could not select the marker with command `c_select()` However on dedicated I could. Even as willow and Wanda was dancing around me :( 

Next time I will provide you all the logs I can include even one that can have over 131 MB :) 

Edited by Kova_

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Kova_ said:

BTW, I noticed one weird thing: On self hosted, I could not select the marker with command `c_select()` However on dedicated I could. Even as willow and Wanda was dancing around me :( 

On caveless worlds c_select() works when actually hovering your mouse over the entity and having their text pop up. For worlds where commands are executed remotely (multisharded) it's done based on world position.

So for this case since you can't hover over the fx you can't c_select() it on your test world. 

Share this comment

20 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

On caveless worlds c_select() works when actually hovering your mouse over the entity and having their text pop up. For worlds where commands are executed remotely (multisharded) it's done based on world position.

So for this case since you can't hover over the fx you can't c_select() it on your test world. 

Oh, thanks @Friendly Grass! I didn't know about that feature ^.^ 

Share this comment