Screen blinking

Alarsin
  • Pending

I don't really know how to describe it but from time to time my screen flashes (see attachment) for a fraction of a second. This happens randomly and it's really disturbing. Re-launching the game doesn't help.

Don't Starve Together 9_8_2018 10_41_59 AM.mp4

Steps to Reproduce
Join/create a server and there's a chance for it to happen.

User Feedback

Should you run into the screen flashing white, this generally means that there is a software or settings on your system that is causing a conflict with the output. Try these steps to resolve the issue:

• Please ensure that all your graphics cards (integrated and/or dedicated) drivers are up-to-date;
  • If you have FRAPS or NVIDIA Capture software running in the background, try disabling these as they are known to cause occasional screen flickering with certain games;
  • Try temporarily changing your refresh rate to 60Hz;

Share this comment

On 9/10/2018 at 12:59 PM, JanH said:

Should you run into the screen flashing white, this generally means that there is a software or settings on your system that is causing a conflict with the output. Try these steps to resolve the issue:

• Please ensure that all your graphics cards (integrated and/or dedicated) drivers are up-to-date;
  • If you have FRAPS or NVIDIA Capture software running in the background, try disabling these as they are known to cause occasional screen flickering with certain games;

This happens on ps4 and Xbox One X as well.

Try again, or don’t. You probably won’t. 

Edited by DidUReboot

Share this comment

On 9/10/2018 at 10:59 AM, JanH said:

1) It doesn't suggest any updates so I guess they are up to date.

2) I do not.

3) In DST my refresh rate is always and 60 and I can't change it.

Screenshot (76).png

Share this comment

Thank you for trying these troubleshooting steps, now we'll have to take a couple of extra steps to make sure that there aren't any compatibility issues with either your drivers or GPU.

Run the Compatibility Troubleshooter Tool for Windows
- Open up your Steam game installation folder for Don't Starve Together (for example: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\Bin\ )
- In the Bin folder, Right-click dontstarve_steam.exe > choose "Properties"
- On the Properties windew click on the "Compatibility" tab > click on "Run Compatibility Troubleshooter" > choose "Try Recommended Settings"

(If the screen still blinks white after the steps above, go back to the Compatibility tab and choosing "Compatbility Mode Run this program in compatibility for: " and choose Windows 7 > click Apply)

Should the issue persist, could you provide us with your full DxDiag.txt, client_log.txt, and client.ini files? You can generate your DxDiag.txt by following the steps here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/2503104

You can find your client_log.txt file in your documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt

And the client.ini file is located in your documents folder: \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client.ini

• Thanks 1

Share this comment