Portal revive is not actually a global setting, despite saying it is in the in-game option.

EriolH
  • Fixed

When I died in the Caves in an Endless dedicated world server, I tried to revive from the Florid Postern only to notice that it wasn't letting me revive there. And also, there wasn't option at the bottom that you can revive from the postern.

20221022024610_1.thumb.jpg.6f1b93321b43e1a1c8f227fcc8e0f6a0.jpg

I used a worldgenoverride.lua file (attached below) configured with the following settings:

portalresurection="always",
ghostsanitydrain="none",
resettime="none",

worldgenoverride_E.zip

Like, it says in the in-game options that its Global but somehow it doesn't affect the Caves' Florid Postern. So I tried experimenting by adding the above settings to the Caves worldgenoverride file, and it worked. With that, I was able to revive in the Caves' Florid Postern.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Setup a dedicated server using a worldgenoverride file.

2. Configure the worldgenoverride file so the server goes Endless mode.

3. Notice that the Caves' portal won't let you revive, but only the portal in the Surface/Master.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Yeah all of the settings that used to be a part of the game modes need to be applied to the world settings in each shard.

Share this comment