Piggyback slows down Mighty Wolf, even after unequipped

JazzyGames
  • Pending

When equipped, the piggyback will apply the 10% speed reduction to Mighty Wolfgang. This reduction will remain with Wolfgang until he changes forms, even if the piggyback is unequipped.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Transform into Mighty Wolfgang
2. Equip a piggyback; speed is reduced.
3. Remove the piggyback; speed is still reduced.
4. Revert to Normal Wolfgang; default speed is restored.

Here's a clip of the bug in action: https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseBlazingBatteryFutureMan-9URduSGpqUSByRLY

User Feedback

1661973044_GIF12-24-20211-55-58PM.gif.524fd583a15596acf149f516646ccb21.gif

@JazzyGames Doesn't seem like you actually get slower. I'm wearing a piggyback here and im just as fast as the other Wolfgang while mighty.

Being unable to board boats after wearing a piggyback as if the game thinks you're slower(but you're really not) is definitely a bug though.

Edit:

Alright, so the piggyback doesn't actually do anything at all. It's purely because of the mightiness and the cane(or any other 25% speed boost)

So here's the funny thing, Wolfgang's wimpy and mighty forms technically have speed multipliers attached to them. These speed multipliers are just there to counteract the speed boosts/negatives from scaling the entity up and down, as scaling affects speed. So Mighty Wolfgang technically has a 0.8333~ speed multiplier. With the cane this adds up to a 1.04166667~ speed boost. This is under the necessary 1.2 speed multiplier required to get the extra hop distance when jumping on boats.

Hope that clears things up :D

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

38 minutes ago, Hornete said:

1661973044_GIF12-24-20211-55-58PM.gif.524fd583a15596acf149f516646ccb21.gif

@JazzyGames Doesn't seem like you actually get slower. I'm wearing a piggyback here and im just as fast as the other Wolfgang while mighty.

Being unable to board boats after wearing a piggyback as if the game thinks you're slower(but you're really not) is definitely a bug though.

Edit:

Alright, so the piggyback doesn't actually do anything at all. It's purely because of the mightiness and the cane(or any other 25% speed boost)

So here's the funny thing, Wolfgang's wimpy and mighty forms technically have speed multipliers attached to them. These speed multipliers are just there to counteract the speed boosts/negatives from scaling the entity up and down, as scaling affects speed. So Mighty Wolfgang technically has a 0.8333~ speed multiplier. With the cane this adds up to a 1.04166667~ speed boost. This is under the necessary 1.2 speed multiplier required to get the extra hop distance when jumping on boats.

Hope that clears things up :D

So this means that all speed modifiers (cane, mag, club, etc.) are less effective on Mighty Wolfgang? Or does it adjust properly with the innate speed modifier?

This still strikes me as strange. The only reason I tested it is because I was watching a streamer carry a piggyback and the speed seemed slower.

Edited by JazzyGames

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

So this means that all speed modifiers (cane, mag, club, etc.) are less effective on Mighty Wolfgang?

Nah, they work just fine. The reason why it's bugged for boats is because they don't take into account the scale/size of the entity.

Edited by Hornete

Share this comment

Yeah ok you're right. I suppose the feeling of the character going slower must have been an optical illusion. Curious to see how Phase 2 CC interprets Wolfgang's actual speed based on these innate modifiers. Might actually work in his favor if it's trying to match his speed.

• Like 1

Share this comment

20 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

Yeah ok you're right. I suppose the feeling of the character going slower must have been an optical illusion. Curious to see how Phase 2 CC interprets Wolfgang's actual speed based on these innate modifiers. Might actually work in his favor if it's trying to match his speed.

Oh that's a clever thought. From the looks of things it looks like Mighty's innate speed modifier would come into play if Wolfgang had a cane and mag(or two speed boosts similar to those). Phase 2's minimum spin speed is 7.6, but above that the modifier will come into play. Though I have not tested yet.

Share this comment

18 hours ago, Hornete said:

I wonder why they didn't just switch to AnimState:SetScale, which scales only the textures, saving all the trouble with physics shenanigans. There used to be a bug where mouseover hitbox was only scaled by Transform:SetScale, but that was fixed a long time ago.

• Like 4

Share this comment