Pearl doesn’t give the Sawhorse blueprint very consistently.

ButterStuffed
  • Pending

Maybe this is a fluke, but I placed the replica chair (With toilet skin) by Pearl 3 different times and she never acknowledged it.

I think someone else had already obtained a copy of the blueprint before I had arrived, so that may have been the reason.

Steps to Reproduce

Let someone else obtain the blueprint first.

Try to obtain blueprint yourself.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Hello,

I have a few suspicions about what might be happening here. If the other person, who acquired the blueprint, was standing on the island, and had not used the blueprint to learn the Sawhorse recipe yet (that is, had it in their inventory, or left it in a chest, or left it on the ground), that may cause Pearl to notice and not drop a new blueprint, in an effort not to flood the Survivors with blueprints. She is very perceptive, and like the Queen of the Moon Quay, is wary about giving out too many blueprints.

She also will not drop the blueprint if you are using a "freecrafting" method (i.e. the debug command c_freecrafting. There's a chance that some crafting mods may result in a similar state, but we can usually rule those out.), as she will know that you are able to craft the Sawhorse already, when you build the Replica Relic Chair.

It sounds like it may also be the case that she never approached the chair and said one of her lines ("You expect me to sit on that rickety thing?", or "Is that a chair, or an art project gone wrong?", or "Oh. Well... I can tell you worked hard on it, dearie!"). If that's true, please let us know, and if you happen to remember what she was doing at the time (i.e. if she was stuck standing in place, or fishing, or waiting to throw a bottle, or anything else).

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Similarly, Pearl is not giving me BP.

・This situation occurred while I was playing with a friend's map.
-I got the recipe for the ancient chair from the ruins, and I'm reading the recipe.
(Friend didn't get the ancient chair recipe)
-Neither of them have BP for making wooden furniture.

・My friend and I went to Pearl Island and I set up the chairs.
- On the first day, Pearl kept walking towards the sea and didn't recognize her chair.
 (she was probably about to throw the bottle into the sea)
・She placed many of her chairs around Pearl's house during the night, but when she left the house, Pearl still continued walking towards the sea.

Both my friend and I wanted to install the wooden desks and chairs that were added in the update in our base. It is very disappointing.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 10/20/2023 at 8:06 PM, StevenM said:

[snip]

I've received the same issue, and here's what I believe has happened after some debugging.

My game saved as I placed the chair, my game rolledback to a state after I placed the chair, but before she gave it.

image.thumb.png.53fbf8fde62ed44c845f67be3964d7d3.png

In the "CHEVO_makechair" handle, the blueprint is given in her inventory and commentitemstotoss is initailized, but this table is not saved.

So after I had rolledback, the blueprint was still in her inventory as that properly saves, but the table did not exist any longer, and she detects there is a blueprint already around her due to it being in her inventory, but she is unable to give it.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 10/20/2023 at 6:06 PM, StevenM said:

I have a few suspicions about what might be happening here. If the other person, who acquired the blueprint, was standing on the island, and had not used the blueprint to learn the Sawhorse recipe yet (that is, had it in their inventory, or left it in a chest, or left it on the ground), that may cause Pearl to notice and not drop a new blueprint, in an effort not to flood the Survivors with blueprints. She is very perceptive, and like the Queen of the Moon Quay, is wary about giving out too many blueprints.

In this particular case I had teleported onto the island as Wortox, and to my knowledge was alone with Pearl with no stray Sawhorse blueprints on or near the island.

Also, I take back what I said about thinking someone had previously acquired the Sawhorse blueprint. I assumed the Gramophone required the Sawhorse to prototype and that the Gramophone that someone had made was created with a hidden Sawhorse.

She also will not drop the blueprint if you are using a "freecrafting" method (i.e. the debug command c_freecrafting. There's a chance that some crafting mods may result in a similar state, but we can usually rule those out.), as she will know that you are able to craft the Sawhorse already, when you build the Replica Relic Chair.

This happened on one of the Klei public servers, so no debug crafting methods or server-side mods were involved. I do have several client-side mods, but I imagine those shouldn't be affecting Pearl at all.

It sounds like it may also be the case that she never approached the chair and said one of her lines ("You expect me to sit on that rickety thing?", or "Is that a chair, or an art project gone wrong?", or "Oh. Well... I can tell you worked hard on it, dearie!"). If that's true, please let us know, and if you happen to remember what she was doing at the time (i.e. if she was stuck standing in place, or fishing, or waiting to throw a bottle, or anything else).

Yes, that was indeed the case in all three attempts. She never approached the chair, nor said any of her lines, and if I remember correctly, she appeared to be walking against the sea wall or standing strangely still. I also vaguely recall that she didn't greet me until an uncomfortable period of time had passed as well.

Some other things to note:

• I had completed enough of Pearl's tasks and had acquired Pearl's Pearl.
  • The Moonstorms were active.
  • The current season was Winter.
  • Someone had placed a spider's nest on the island.
  • Someone had also removed all but one of the beach turfs on her island. If I were to warrant a guess this probably wouldn't affect the blueprint giving process, but I figured I may as well mention it just in case.
Edited by ButterStuffed

Share this comment