Ocean Bunnyman Bug

Rinkusan
  • Pending

For some reason, if you place a bunnyman hutch on the edge of the boat, there's a chance that the bunnyman will instantly drown as it leaves its hutch during dusk and then NEVER spawn in the hutch again.

Steps to Reproduce

- Build multiple bunnyman hutches as close to the edge of the boat as possible (multiple preferably so that at least 1 bunnyman "drowns")
- Wait for dusk so that the bunnymen try to leave the hutch
- You will hear and see something "dropped into the water", indicating that some of the bunnymen who left their hutches drowned (but did not die)
- Wait for the following dusk, and you will see fewer bunnymen spawning

I have 2 videos, one showing the bug in action, and another one showing the fact that this bug does NOT affect pigs.

User Feedback

and then NEVER spawn in the hutch again.

That's working fully as intended: If they drown on the ocean, they do not die but instead respawn back on the land, just like players do. On the land they are trying to reach their Hutch, but they will fail doing so since their Hutch is located in an unreachable position in the ocean. And since every Rabbit Hutch can contain only one Bunnyman, the hutch won't spawn a new bunnyman not until the previous one dies.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

That's working fully as intended: If they drown on the ocean, they do not die but instead respawn back on the land, just like players do. On the land they are trying to reach their Hutch, but they will fail doing so since their Hutch is located in an unreachable position in the ocean. And since every Rabbit Hutch can contain only one Bunnyman, the hutch won't spawn a new bunnyman not until the previous one dies.

If it's working fully as intended, why doesn't this affect pigs though?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

If it's working fully as intended, why doesn't this affect pigs though?

That's a totally different story and does nothing have in common what I said.

If you want to see the pigs drowning: Just keep killing them and wait till they respawn on the other side of their house.

Share this comment

Just now, Viktor234 said:

That's a totally different story and does nothing have in common what I said.

If you want to see the pigs drowning: Just keep killing them and wait till they respawn on the other side of their house.

It has everything to do with what you said (specifically the "working as intended" comment) because for some reason, when pigs leave their house in the morning, even when the boat's moving, they ALWAYS end up properly on the boat whereas bunnymen DON'T. I want to know why the "bug" of exiting the home onto the water affects only bunnymen but not pigmen. 

Also, I don't think we're on the same page; why do I need to kill the pigs?  

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Pig house have "inst.components.spawner:SetWaterSpawning(false, true)", this means pigs cannot spawn on water but can spawn on boat. Rabbit Hutch miss this line, they can spawn in water.

This explains the difference, but does not say whether it is intended or not.

Share this comment

22 minutes ago, Cuikui said:

Pig house have "inst.components.spawner:SetWaterSpawning(false, true)", this means pigs cannot spawn on water but can spawn on boat. Rabbit Hutch miss this line, they can spawn in water.

This explains the difference, but does not say whether it is intended or not.

Oh that's interesting. So the hutch is just missing one line of code.

For sure, that code doesn't give any clues about intention. I'm only suspecting that this is unintentional because I find it odd that Klei would purposefully single out bunnymen as boat-incompatible whereas other mobs like pigs and spiders are boat-compatible. Why bunnymen specifically?

Share this comment