Mod download but immediate disappeared in the mod list.

F1ame12
  • Pending

im not sure is it a bug or just my local pc problem. some mod can download but i can't find it in the mod list. some error can be found in the log like "ModQuery failed to get mod details with index: XX", i don't really know what is happened here....i have try redownload all mods many times but can not fix this.

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

1. open game

2. update mods

3. some mod download but not show in the list

4. redownload all mod still not fix this bug

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

User Feedback

Same problem happened to me! This bug doesn't even allow proper editing of already existing mod that seemingly weren't affected by it.
Reinstalling the game alongisde files that saved the configurations of mod still didn't help. This bug is really troublesome since it seems like I won't be able to download any new mods anymore, really hope Klei will figure something out or at least give us some sort of temporary solution.

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

Same here, windows 10, in-game in mods list, 2 mods are showing and disappearing constantly: Display Attack Range, Moving Box. There are crashes, if I try to look at it for too long. Worth noting, that my gf, that I play with, has no problems with those or any other mods whatsoever and game doesn't tend to crash on her PC, I even tried to copy mods from her, but no luck. I'm attaching my client_log as well for a chance to developer to see, since, I guess, it's an update thing.

client_log.txt

Share this comment

I think I've managed to backtrack the issue. If you go to the Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330 folder, all of the mods, that cause the game to crash are "legacy" mods. Those mods all have only 1 file inside - *somenumber*_legacy.bin, which itself contains all of the usuall stuff (folders "anim", "images", "script" etc.), that mods, which don't cause the game to crash have in already unarchived look. Picture 1 - "buggy mod", Picture 2 - mod, that will load correctly. I've tried to unarchive files from .bin file into the same directory, but no luck. I don't know if my issue is exactly the same as everyones here, though.

изображение_2022-11-08_024909091.png

изображение_2022-11-08_025000860.png

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Lisakin said:

I think I've managed to backtrack the issue. If you go to the Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330 folder, all of the mods, that cause the game to crash are "legacy" mods. Those mods all have only 1 file inside - *somenumber*_legacy.bin, which itself contains all of the usuall stuff (folders "anim", "images", "script" etc.), that mods, which don't cause the game to crash have in already unarchived look.

Hm, interesting. Pretty sure those are older mods that are located in a different directory right inside Don't Starve Together's folder in steam apps/common

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Rickzzs said:

It is Steam beta test that causes this! Just choose not to enter the beta.

Oh it did fix the issue! Tested it only on dst beta so far but thank you so much!

Share this comment

7 hours ago, FourthLess said:

Hm, interesting. Pretty sure those are older mods that are located in a different directory right inside Don't Starve Together's folder in steam apps/common

Yes, you were right. Those mods will download in Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods, so, to everybody with the same problem (legacy mods won't download): you'll need to unarchive .bin file from Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330 folder into \common\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-idnumber, where idnumber is the ID of that exact mod. Examples, on how you want your folders to look like: Pic1 - mods folder with Display Attack Range and Moving Box mods; Pic2 - Display Attack Range folder. You then should set all workshop-idnumber folders to read only (with files and folders inside), so the game won't delete it and it should fix it.

изображение_2022-11-08_132255617.png

изображение_2022-11-08_132302286.png

• Thanks 3

Share this comment

On 11/8/2022 at 12:28 PM, Rickzzs said:

It is Steam beta test that causes this! Just choose not to enter the beta.

I've been experiencing the same problem even outside of the beta. 

20 hours ago, Lisakin said:

Yes, you were right. Those mods will download in Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods, so, to everybody with the same problem (legacy mods won't download): you'll need to unarchive .bin file from Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330 folder into \common\Don't Starve Together\mods\workshop-idnumber, where idnumber is the ID of that exact mod. Examples, on how you want your folders to look like: Pic1 - mods folder with Display Attack Range and Moving Box mods; Pic2 - Display Attack Range folder. You then should set all workshop-idnumber folders to read only (with files and folders inside), so the game won't delete it and it should fix it.

изображение_2022-11-08_132255617.png

изображение_2022-11-08_132302286.png

This seemed to fix it for me. Thanks for the help!

Share this comment

The same happened to me. Running Windows 10, not on a beta, reinstalling the game did not work.

Lisakin's solution worked for me. :-)

But it was a pain to set all those attributes... And I am worried, that I might need to do that again when one of the mods gets updated.

I hope they will fix this bug soon.

Share this comment

On 11/8/2022 at 12:41 AM, FourthLess said:

Same problem happened to me! This bug doesn't even allow proper editing of already existing mod that seemingly weren't affected by it.
Reinstalling the game alongisde files that saved the configurations of mod still didn't help. This bug is really troublesome since it seems like I won't be able to download any new mods anymore, really hope Klei will figure something out or at least give us some sort of temporary solution.

So do I. But my situation is a little special because all the mods are being re-downloaded. I wish Klei could find and fix this bug, it's really annoying.:wilson_cry:
我也是这样的.但我的情况有些特殊是全部MOD都在重新下载.真希望Klei可以即使发现并修复此bug,这个bug真的很烦人.

Edited by Moon rabbit

Share this comment

I am having the same problem but  its not going in the mods folder, please someone explain to me what the problem is

image.png

image.png

Share this comment

i have this problem too. half mods i see only one mod and local ones, the rest disapper or when i download them the game crashes. i also cant sort the mods because the buttons turn into a search and i cant do anything.

Edited by r7z

Share this comment