Memory leak? DST

Lundov
  • Fixed

Hi Klei, 

I am having a problem playing dont starve together. The game crashes after around day 6. Until then I am running 60 fps constant.  

My PC (Alienware m14x from 2012) should be able to run Dont starve Together with no problem. 

- I have no mods.

- drivers are updated

- I tried validating files in steam

- Reinstalling Redist.

- Check the files linked below for:

Client.log

Dxdiag

Nvidia settings

PC specs

Best Regards 
Frederik L.

Specs.PNG

Nvidia CP 1.PNG

Nvidia CP 2.PNG

Steps to Reproduce
You tell me.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hi Subaru. Thx for the suggestion. Seems there is no "settings.ini" anymore so I cant try it :(

Share this comment

My  game was crashing due to lack of memory also, another user discovered it was because I had set " -threaded_render" in my game launch options. Can you check to see if it's the cause for you? If so, the gang at Klei is aware and working on a fix.

Go to your Steam library, right-click on Don't Starve Together, and select "Properties". On the General tab, click  on "Set Launch Options" and see if " -threaded_render" is listed there.

Another place you could look is in the client.ini file, which is located at: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether. See if there's a line that states "use_threaded_renderer = true".

Share this comment

I think that was why imsomony. I lanched the game today but only played 2 days. Dosn't seem to be a problem anymore :) 

Also. they bug fixed it with the new update - Threaded renderer leak. 

Ty all for the help and also Klei for fixing the problem. 

• Like 1

Share this comment