Map Sharing is broken

Deilan
  • Fixed

Greetings!
Congratulations with the recent release, which all we waited for a long time. :)
I like to play DST with my friends. And I found the map sharing and global players indicators as the highly requested feature. I know that this is not a feature of the vanilla game, but there is an excellent and very popular mod, which provides the corresponding functionality. Unfortunately, according to the mod's author @rezecib, map sharing became broken at some point of game development because of some changes in the game's core if I understood correctly. And it still remains not fixed. Again, according to the author, there is not a very big change needed to make map sharing working...
Dear devs, please make the corresponding fixes to the game's core so that map sharing become able to work again! Especially if it is not a very big deal...
Perhaps not many players write about it here on the forums, but rest assured that this is a very requested feature. Many users of the mod ask about availability of the feature for very long time! Even though the author clearly noted the details about the unavailability of the feature on the mod's page. As for me and my friends: we stopped playing the game some time ago mostly due to the fact that the map sharing is broken. :( And we hoped that it will be fixed at some point near the release of the game. But the game has been released and map sharing is still not there... :(
Make us happy! :) Thanks in advance.

Steps to Reproduce
Enable Global Positions mod Enable Map sharing Start the world Disconnect Resume the world
  • Like 6

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.