Lightning struck me with 2 lightning rods nearby

GuiltyGabriel
  • Pending

I was picking grass right before the first summer morning when a lightning struck me in an area covered by 2 lightning rods.
I caught it on tape: 

rodjacks.thumb.png.58fa71439ab142f357f4f15c8d2e8956.png

Steps to Reproduce

1) Play as winona

2) skip to the end of the last spring night, with strong precipitations on

3) perform any task (such as picking grass) in an area covered by two lightning rods

4) Observe whether you get struck by lightning. 

• Haha 1

User Feedback

I just read the wiki on Lightning Rod: "A single lightning rod only provide 10m radius of lightning-proof coverage. The area between 10m and 40m has some lightning protection, but it is not 100%." This was surprising.

Or maybe you were right on the cusp outside of the two Lightning Rod protection zones in your video. A good way to test could be using a telelocator staff and see if the lightning called down upon let's say a rabbit near there will be diverted onto one of the lightning rods.

Share this comment

Lightning will find the target within the generation point range 40. If there is a lightning rod, the lightning rod will be selected first.

The situation in your video happens to be that lightning is generated outside the protection range of the two lightning rods, and then the player is selected first.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 2

Share this comment