Kitcoons stop following player randomly

fall211
  • Fixed

After the year of the catcoon ended, we noticed that kitcoons stop following the player randomly. I'm not sure why or when they stop following the player but they keep getting lost in the world as they don't continue to follow the player indefinitely. 

Steps to Reproduce

1. find kitcoon

2. pet kitcoon

3. play for some amount of time 

4. wonder where the kitcoon is 

• Big Ups 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Kitcoons have an intended loyalty mechanic. While the event is active, loyalty is indefinite. Otherwise they will only follow you for half a day after you pet them. And if you have a Kittykit critter they will stay loyal while you keep your kittykit well fed.

Share this comment

YES!  I'm so glad somebody else said this.  I was wondering about this, too--and also wondering why Willow's kitties all kept following her just fine, while Winona and Wigfrid's kept running off every 30 seconds.  It's because _they don't ALSO have regular kittykits_, TO be kept in a well-fed state.

So, if this is intentional...any way the loyalty duration could be made longer?  It's ridonkulous that I have to keep re-finding them _multiple times a day_, and no I'm not kidding. 

kittyforgotme_sad.thumb.png.a32243af8f30707f6a2e3c3d9400f3fa.png

(I don't know how well you can read it, but it says "Pet Sego Lily" and "Examine" rather than "Abandon. Startled the beep out of me.  And in the upper left, what do we have?  ANOTHER kitcoon who has forgotten I exist!)

Could it at LEAST for a whole day at once?  I _still_ haven't refound one of my kitcoons (the grey "regular" one you see right here, aka "Sunuvabirch") after it left me while I was crossing a forest...

Spoiler

God, this is gonna get REAL ironic when I get back to Wendy's no-longer-beta world.  Her first cat is named--I'm not making this up--"FORGET-Me-Not".  (emphasis not in the actual name).

I suppose I could put the event on, but that feels dumb, as it already lasted super-long.  I just thought any kitcoons we DID get during the event, would still just, like, _be_ our pets afterwards...?

...Notorious

Share this comment