Interrupting an attack animation makes player unable to attack

Guille6785
  • Fixed

This started happening after the very last patch that addressed the issue of players sometimes refusing to attack with lag compensation disabled and it's an arguably even more annoying bug, basically equipping/unequipping anything (might be more animations than this but I haven't tested) while during an attack animation makes the player completely unable to attack the target, not even by clicking it, until you move again. Needless to say, this is insanely annoying and should be fixed

Steps to Reproduce

1. Interrupt an attack animation 2. Try to attack

• Like 5
  • Sad Dupe 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Can reproduce on 579121 on a world with caves enabled. Seems to happen with both lag compensation enabled and disabled.
When lag compensation is enabled the player will just constantly miss, but when it's disabled the player won't even attempt to attack. (See attached video)
Can not reproduce on servers with caves disabled (tested with both lag compensation enabled and disabled).

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

This isn't a "Speedrunner" issue. This is legitimately a problem. Kudos to Guille for discovering the bug. I damn near froze when unequipping my mag mid battle.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Marking as fixed, but please do re-report if there are still problems after the hotfix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

Share this comment