Howlitzer not reacting to +25 planar damage in Wolfgang Skill tree

Whaskalmanik
  • Pending

I don't know if is intended or not.

Wolfang when is mighty that is 2x damage dealt but only physical damage

34*2 + 34 (planar) = 102

Wolfang has skill tree that is adding 25 to wolfgang attack with using planar weapons.
If Howlitzer is dealing planar damage should it be considered as planar weapon?

Snímek obrazovky 2023-10-22 134948.png

Steps to Reproduce

Mighty wolfgang  + skill tree 25 damage bonus with planar weapons.

Use Howlitzer to a pounching bag.

User Feedback

Brightshade staff gets 0 bonus from skill tree, should be intended for howlitzer to get 0 bonus too.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Just now, _zwb said:

Brightshade staff gets 0 bonus from skill tree, should be intended for howlitzer to get 0 bonus too.

Good point. But the staff is just dealing damage and not reacting with mighty metter at all. The howlitzer is reacting to mighty meter. So for me its just inconsistent. But that is maybe me. 

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, Whaskalmanik said:

Good point. But the staff is just dealing damage and not reacting with mighty metter at all. The howlitzer is reacting to mighty meter. So for me its just inconsistent. But that is maybe me. 

That is because brightshade staff only deals planar damage, howlitzer deals both regular and planar damage

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, _zwb said:

That is because brightshade staff only deals planar damage, howlitzer deals both regular and planar damage

The staff is reacting towards the helm.Its not +5 planar damage but its adding projectiles. The helm is adding damage to planar weapons. The howlitzer is planar weapon as listed in scrapbook and the helm is not adding the planar damage buff as well as the skill tree. In my opinion is confusing and inconsistent. 

I dont mind the staff incozistance. I just find it confusing - where are the rules that is saying what should work with this planar damage buff and what not? Its seams really random to me. 

Edited by Whaskalmanik

Share this comment

Howlitzer and BS staff are ranged weapons. It seems that Wolf's skill tree only strengthen melee weapons. But I am not quite sure. 

40 minutes ago, Whaskalmanik said:

I dont mind the staff incozistance. I just find it confusing - where are the rules that is saying what should work with this planar damage buff and what not? Its seams really random to me. 

In fact I have the same feeling. Klei give Wolf a skill tree, they should not break the rules just because of an OP weapon. 

Edited by Hupo
typo

Share this comment

Comparison of how they explain Wormwood's Lunar Guardian II perk compared to Wolfgang additional mightiness damage. If they don't plan to add his mighty planar damage to ranged weapons, then that is fine but change the perk to say melee weapons only like Wormwood's perk.

Wolfgang.PNG

Wormwood.PNG

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

If the extra planar damage from the Mighty Weapons skill was only intended to apply to planar melee weapons then it should probably be worded that way on the skill tree description. But I will say that adding an extra 25 planar damage on the howlitzer would make it a very nice weapon for killing Brightshades as Wolfgang.

But either way I agree, this would be a good thing to specify before we get more ranged planar weapons.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 2

Share this comment