Glitches is moving my character

sofi_dot
  • Pending

Sporadically my avatar will jump backwards, be slow to follow my movement directions, and even start moving in the opposite direction for a short time. When it would jump back ten paces, it's not like time was jumping back - nothing else jumped back (which was alarming when I was running from an enemy). This happened when I played yesterday and today, and also happened to other friends I was playing with (although did NOT seem to happen to the person who was hosting the world). We are all playing on Windows.

Steps to Reproduce

I'm not sure.... Try playing on the Windows version with friends, not as the host, and see if you have movement problems to.

• Big Ups 1

User Feedback

this is a bug that happens when you have lag compensation on im pretty sure. if you turn it of your game will have more "delay" but this shouldnt happen anymore :)

• Like 1

Share this comment

This has been an issue for a long time and I'm happy somebody else noticed it.

And no, "turn lag comp off" isn't a proper answer.

Share this comment

Your description of the issue sounds like "rubberbanding". If you are experiencing this with a particular server and not when playing on other servers - depending on how far you are from the server you are trying to connect to – that can affect the game's network performance. In addition to that, there are other variables like your computer's system specs, firewall settings, security/antivirus software, possible mods issues, and even the internet service provider that can have an effect on connections to various servers. To that, we have a Network and Performance troubleshooting guide that has information and steps to improving your game's networking performance.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment