Giants unhittable/invincible (FIXED?)

Biosquid239
  • Known Issue

No one in my server are able to hit giants for some reason. its not consistent and so far its only been moose/goose and dragonfly. They can still hit us but we cant hit them. the attack animation plays but the giant doesn't react to it, health not lowering and no stun affect. %95 sure its not a lag issue either, as we were able to hit the lava larvae with no issue or delay, and I could also hit the walls we set up just as easily so it doesnt seem to have to do with server lag. what usually happened is the fight started normally but after awhile the boss just became invincible. we DO use mods, but the only one that has to do with enemies is the combined status mod.

EDIT: The problem was the "Where's My Beefalo" mod

Steps to Reproduce
start a fight with a giant, then the glitch may happen randomly.

User Feedback

Is Lag compensation set to predctive in the settings? If so set it to None and try again.

I would also disable all server and client side mods to rule them out as issues. For example, the "Where's My Beefalo" mod (a client-side mod) makes it so you can't attack Dragonfly for some reason, even though you would think you it shouldn't otherwise.

Verifying the integrity of the game files is also recommended.

Share this comment

Thank you guys, I will remove Where's My Beefalo! Hopefully that will fix the issue, I'll leave another comment if it doesn't.

Share this comment

Hi. We have identified of the cause of the issue. Unfortunately the bug is in some very old code and potential fixes have a high risk of introducing new bugs. We may wait until the beta before introducing the fix (and then after a few days, if all goes well, move it to the main build).

I'm not sure what is causing it to be more prevalent now, or if people are just choosing to be more vocal about it.

This should be limited to fighting giants so, as a work around, i'd suggest disabling lag compensation while fighting giants or try manually walking up to them before issuing the attack command.

• Thanks 3

Share this comment

5 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

I'm not sure what is causing it to be more prevalent now, or if people are just choosing to be more vocal about it.

Its the latter. It has always been a thing in the game for years, people just knew to disable lag compensation or to deal with it when enabled. (Especially if its relates to this post trying to get that changed).

Share this comment