Desert googles blueprint drop without the fashion googles

Chubbylicious
  • Pending

I was playing in a public server with 3 more players and a strange thing happened. Wortox got the fashion googles blueprint and I got the desert ones, and even when we fished through the whole season, none of us got the missing blueprints. I don't know what caused this issue, though.
Here's a print confirming that I don't have the fisrt recipe.

Screenshot_1.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. Go fishing in the Oasis with 4 player (or more?)
2. Don't receive the two blueprints.

User Feedback

It is not a bug

You can drop the Desert Googles without having learn the recipe of Fashion Googles

It work like this:
You don't have learn any recipe, you have a very high chance to get Fashion Googles blueprint when you open the package (~12%)
However, you still have a small chance to drop the Desert Googles one (~1.2%)

After you learn the Fashion Googles from the blueprint, the chances swap
You will have ~1.2% of getting another Fashion Googles and ~12% of get the Desert Googles

So, the optimal strategy to get the Desert Googles is to get several packages, but only let one player open them, since the loot chance is associated with the recipes that player who open the package already has learn

But  you still can get the Desert Googles before the Fashion Googles just by luck (or unluck?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

Share this comment

On 3/14/2021 at 7:48 AM, Gleenus said:

It is not a bug

You can drop the Desert Googles without having learn the recipe of Fashion Googles

It work like this:
You don't have learn any recipe, you have a very high chance to get Fashion Googles blueprint when you open the package (~12%)
However, you still have a small chance to drop the Desert Googles one (~1.2%)

After you learn the Fashion Googles from the blueprint, the chances swap
You will have ~1.2% of getting another Fashion Googles and ~12% of get the Desert Googles

So, the optimal strategy to get the Desert Googles is to get several packages, but only let one player open them, since the loot chance is associated with the recipes that player who open the package already has learn

But  you still can get the Desert Googles before the Fashion Googles just by luck (or unluck?)

Thanks so much for the explanation! Since it had never happened with me before, I though it was a bug.

• Like 1

Share this comment