Dedicated Server failed to start

Tassel
  • Closed

Hi there, Yesterday I was playing this private world, in fact I started it yesterday. My problem is that when i was going to start it in the night, this error happened to me. I had to update the game just before. I have supposed that the patch had something to do with this issue, but when i came to forums, i didn´t see too many people having this issue, so i posted this. I tried to deactivate my antivirus, just in case, and already verified files. I also have the same issue if i try to generate any new world.

None of both solves anything. I play with no mods at all. It is the flat game.

If I can help you with some files or show, please tell me where those files are, and i will upload then. I have DST on steam and both steam and DST are installed by default.

I added Client log just in case

Many thanks

image.thumb.png.9a20c0e1cc36d60d7a0e0936a7d1abbe.png

image.png

Steps to Reproduce
Was when i restarted the game after patching it. I do not know what steps you can take.

User Feedback

Hey @Tassel, welcome to the forums. Since you already tried to verify the integrity of the game cache, then the next best thing I can think of that you can do is to also attach the server_log.txt file found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\DATA\Cluster_1\Master (that Cluster_1 is the save folder for the first save slot in the Host Game screen.) The server_log.txt should be able to give more info about why the server itself is not working. The devs may be able to help you directly with this.

It's way past office hours over where they are as of this moment, so hopefully you'd get a response within the next 42hours. Cheers.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hi there again, thanks for the afst anser.

In the meantime i tried to reinstall the game, wich did not work. I add the server log, but i cant play that server neither create any new. The problem is the same if i laucnh the world or start a new one.

I attach to the post the server log.

Many thanks man.

server_log.txt

Edited by Tassel
not attached the file

Share this comment

@Tassel

Could you also attach the server log file found in the Cluster_X/Caves folder? The forest world is looking okay, my guess is the caves world is crashing.

Share this comment

Of course I can,

Cluster 1: the already generated and played world
normal
server_log.txt

caves

server_log.txt

World 2 configured, error before even starting it. HAs no logs to show you. I tried to launch it without caves, without events, and nothing seems to work, launching a new one either.

Many thanks

Share this comment

@Tassel

The log files you posted show about 20 min of play time in them. 

Could you please delete both server log files then try to load up world #1 again. If it gives an error then close DST then attach the new log files.

Thanks.

Share this comment

I will do it, is like imposible that I had 20mins of play in day 12-16.

I did as u said, and the same problem happens when I try to launch the world. No logs have been created.

Share this comment

Hello I have different problem I made a server and it was working in the new update Halloween my server stopped working... there is nothing in the  Browse Server I cannot find it.  

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Edited by Wealthy King

Share this comment

@Tassel

Normally when files fail to write its due to windows file access permissions.

Can you try renaming up your \Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether directory to DoNotStarveTogether_backup and then try again (creating a new world)?

Could you also attach your client_log.txt file, maybe that will give me some insight.

Share this comment

Hi there, old client_log, the one of the folder i have changed the name.

OK problem fixed, i can create a new world now. I am quite happy with that. Is posible to recover my game, or is not?
If is easy to recover it, please tell me how, but do not lose time, if u need to try things. the world had <16 days, it was a good begginig. But the important thing is i can play now

client_log.txt

Share this comment

To restore your world, could you try this:
delete your new DoNotStarveTogether  (or back it up to DoNotStarveTogether_thisoneworks)
copy/past DoNotStarveTogether_backup
rename the newly pasted file to DoNotStarveTogether
try to load your world

Share this comment

I found the problem.

My antivirus had bloqued some files from the folder, so even when deactivated was causing problems. Then when i restarted the computer the antivirus, turned on again, and kept blocking the game. I have solved now for me. But it was thanks to you Scott that gave me the key of the problem. Really many thanks

Share this comment

On 1/11/2017 at 16:28, Tassel said:

Encontré el problema.

Mi antivirus había bloqueado algunos archivos de la carpeta, por lo que incluso cuando estaba desactivado estaba causando problemas. Luego, cuando reinicié la computadora, el antivirus, lo encendí nuevamente y seguí bloqueando el juego. He resuelto ahora por mí. Pero fue gracias a ti, Scott, que me diste la clave del problema. Muchas gracias

Hi Borla, how could you solve the problem with the antivirus? I happen to have the same problem and can't load or spawn new worlds. I tried what the technician said to modify the file name and it worked. the thing is, I can't get my old world back. I gave a file to lock after a game update, but I can't find in the antivirus where the locked files are.

Share this comment

Hiya. I updated the version of DST, and my server completely crashed after downloading the update.

We've been playing for over 400 days, and right after the update, I can't access the server anymore.

How do we get this sorted?? Please help! Thanks!

Share this comment

48 minutes ago, periosha said:

Hiya. I updated the version of DST, and my server completely crashed after downloading the update.

We've been playing for over 400 days, and right after the update, I can't access the server anymore.

The same thing happens to me, 3 worlds:

700 days, 370 days and 300 days all advanced :C

• Sad 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, periosha said:

Same thing happens to my 250 days world after downloading the update 

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Hello,

I had the same problem, however the cause was not on Klei side. I just caught virus Brontok.E which among many other things, installed discretly VPN program that made it impossible to host DST game (although I could "log in" at the start of the game).

So check your computers guys! You never know (I wouldnt either, but sudden pc restarts made me wonder..). Hope this tip will help somebody, have fun!

Share this comment