Dedicated server failed to start

geraldten9
  • Pending

2 days ago the server was working perfectly and I know damn well I have enough disk space and all of that to continue playing DST 10 years in the future. I was worried that it could be a malicious malware, virus or whatever I don't really understand those things but I am pretty sure this could not be the reason why my server is not working either because I am pretty sure my computer could not have caught virus or malware in just 2 days not even 2 days but yea. If you could look into it and maybe fix that I will be very grateful. 

Would love to get back to my server as soon as possible.

Also thanks for fixing the salt lick bug I reported a week ago very much appreciated.

Here is a a picture of what message I get when I try to load my server.

Screenshot (840)_LI.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

... still don't know much about this section.

User Feedback

I will try this is not gonna mess the game save file tho right ?

ok so it worked thank you for the help guys and klei you can take down my complain now 

Edited by geraldten9

Share this comment

This appears to be a file permissions issue. Something is preventing the game from writing to some folders after a hotfix. It could be Windows or anti-virus software that is not recognizing the new exe as the same software, or not... We are looking into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

thanks again yea I think it was my antivirus because I've had this problem before actually and it was the antivirus but I fixed it somehow made it so the antivirus leaves DST alone but when it happened again I was worried cause I thought I would never have to worry about that problem again and yet it still occur.

Share this comment