Clockwork Enemies Do Not Spawn In Klei Servers Overworld.

Bird Up
  • Pending

I have no idea how long this has been happening, but I have entered many many many Klei public servers with this issue because that is where I play generally. I've noticed that there's no clockwork set pieces in the overworld. I don't know if this was always a thing, or a recent phenomenon. Private servers will have clockworks set pieces above, but Klei pubs will not.

First became aware of this when every single game was starved of gears if no one went to ruins. I like to go to ruins a lot, so people were very reliant on me to get them gears lol. At first I was suspicious, but joined several Klei public servers since then and I think I can confirm there's no clockwork set pieces. Clockwork statues are present, but no clockwork enemies. I play on Here Piggie Piggie and Catch that Splumonkey

Steps to Reproduce

Join Klei public servers and look for any naturally occuring bishop/rook/knight setpieces.

• Like 1

User Feedback

The Clockwork Set Pieces appear to be contained in the file \scripts\map\levels\forest.lua

required_setpieces = {
			"Sculptures_1",
			"Maxwell5",
		},
		numrandom_set_pieces = 4,
		random_set_pieces = 
		{
			"Sculptures_2",
			"Sculptures_3",
			"Sculptures_4",
			"Sculptures_5",
			"Chessy_1",
			"Chessy_2",
			"Chessy_3",
			"Chessy_4",
			"Chessy_5",
			"Chessy_6",
			--"ChessSpot1",
			--"ChessSpot2",
			--"ChessSpot3",
			"Maxwell1",
			"Maxwell2",
			"Maxwell3",
			"Maxwell4",
			"Maxwell6",
			"Maxwell7",
			"Warzone_1",
			"Warzone_2",
			"Warzone_3",
		},

I can confirm that in all my games since RoT I did not see any single Clockwork Set Piece or additional Statues in a Klei Official Server, even after revealing the whole map, the only thing I saw was the Maxwell Statue ("Maxwell5) and the original Statue Setpiece ("Sculptures_1") which are actually forced to spawn in any world.

I don't know if that applies to any dedicated server, but hosting a non-dedicated server will make sets from "random_set_pieces" appear.

Share this comment

Just wanted to add I can confirm that this is happening. I just got back into DST 2 weeks ago and not a single Klei hosted server had clockworks in the over world.

Share this comment