Clean Sweeper gets Skin Blocked if exchanged between players

Viktor234
  • Pending

Players sometimes become unable to reskin things with the Clean Sweeper if exchanged between players since the Clean Sweeper tries to apply a skin on an item which isn't owned by the current user.

Steps to Reproduce
  • Get Two Players A and B and any skinable item (e,g, Top Hat)
  • A does own skin X (e.g. Hutch Top Hat skin)
  • B does own skin Y (e.g. Catcoon Top Hat skin), but not X
  • Player A takes the Clean Sweeper and reskins any Top Hat to the skin X and drops the sweeper afterwards
  • Player B takes the Clean Sweeper and attempts to reskin an Top Hat with any skin BUT skin X to the skin Y

Result: Top Hat does not get reskinned to skin Y but to standard appearance instead since Player B does not own skin X and the Clean Sweeper is currently set on skin X

• Haha 1

User Feedback

Had a similar bug today. Someone made me a Walking Cane with a skin I don't own. Then I took the Clean Sweeper and was trying to reskin the Cane, but it only changed to the standard appearance, I couldn't reskin it with my own skins. But the person, who made the cane, and everyone else couldn't reskin the cane too. I didn't had problems to reskin other skinned items (like Backpacks, Football Helmets, Umbrellas), it was only the cane. The person, who made the cane, also made a second cane (with the same skin) and used the Sweeper on it, but it only changed to the standard appearance and he couldn't change it back to the skin he chosed on crafting.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Queron81 said:

Had a similar bug today. Someone made me a Walking Cane with a skin I don't own. Then I took the Clean Sweeper and was trying to reskin the Cane, but it only changed to the standard appearance, I couldn't reskin it with my own skins. But the person, who made the cane, and everyone else couldn't reskin the cane too. I didn't had problems to reskin other skinned items (like Backpacks, Football Helmets, Umbrellas), it was only the cane. The person, who made the cane, also made a second cane (with the same skin) and used the Sweeper on it, but it only changed to the standard appearance and he couldn't change it back to the skin he chosed on crafting.

In this case you were not the first one who was using the Clean Sweeper on the Cane, somebody before you used the Clean Sweeper on his own Walking Cane and changed the appearance to a skin X nobody else owned. Then you came and tried to change the skin of the Cane, but since the sweeper was set to skin X and you did not own skin X, the cane just changed to standard appearance because the game did not allow you to use the skin X. Others tried to reskin the cane but they couldn't do anything since they did also not own skin X.

To fix the Clean Sweeper you need to reskin an item which currently has the skin X so it changes from a skin you don't own to another one which is owned by you. Another possible way to fix it should be to reload the Clean Sweeper either by doing a rollback or by entering and exiting caves with the sweeper in your inventory.

Share this comment