Chester/Glommer Falling Behind/Scary Mystery Roar

CaptainChaotica
  • Pending

Okay, so, twice now on two consecutive sessions, I've had this weird thing happen.  I went out a long ways away from base, exploring, and then came back along a loooonnng road.  Now, Chester and Glommer are both slower than you, and have to catch up.  I get that.

...even when I stopped at base, they didn't show up.

And didn't show up.

And didn't show up.

Glommer eventually did the first time, Chester not at all.  Until I quit and logged back in.  Even then, Chester took a while to rock back up.  The second time, neither of them reappeared at all, ever. 

They aren't dead; that's the first thing I thought of as part of the road went through a large swamp.  But no, the flower is still alive and the eyeball is still open.

I am using some mods, but the only one that's even remotely related to movement is "No More Lag", and that is supposed to affect ME, not other entities.  (And it hasn't caused any problems yet...) No Chester and/or Glommer themselves-related mods.  I looked carefully and nothing says it's incompatible with the game or with each other, and everything is up to date.

EDIT:  I figured out that if I go back along the road a long way, there they are, and start following me like nothing happened.  (Although the first time, Glommer did show up at the camp on his/her/its own.)  All I can think is that they got hung up on a tree or something, but they got WAY hung up, and they've successfully followed me through really dense forests before...

AND, second bug:  When I'm walking along/near a patch of road near my base, I sometimes hear the most hair-curdling roaring noise!  I cannot for the life of me tell what it's coming from--there's no monster there!  I've tried my best to figure out what it sounds like, but all I can tell you so far is what I'm pretty sure it's _not_:  Deerclops, werepig, hound, varg, spider queen.  It sounds a little bit like a very loud, very deep version of a wormhole-opening sound, or like 40 trees growing all at once.  But not quite.

And there is nothing there.  Not even a shadow.  (And only a few trees.)

...CREE...py.... 

...Notorious

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Uh...have the same mods, have Chester and/or Glommer with you, and walk along a road for a long time without stopping to let The Fluffy Bunch catch up? By "a long time" I mean, like, half a Don't Starve day. Ish. World settings were pretty much default, except for "less" on Deerclops and Bearger. It happened in late spring the first time; summer the second. As for the roaring noise...I have no idea. Walk down a certain part of road and...exist. I have absolutely no idea what it's connected to.

User Feedback

I think I figured out what it is...it's the loud burbly GLOOP! noise that happens when you use the pickle barrel in one of my mods.

Only it happens when you're WAY far away from it. : P

...Notorious

Share this comment

The same thing with glommer happened to me too. I was Wolfie running to Pig king with Chester full of goodiegoods, right before full moon to pimp him out a bit. I ended up loosing him on the brickroad from base, and he was nowhere to be found, until I went allllll the way back to base where he still was instead of trying to get to me.

Share this comment

Pickle barrel! lmao.

I have had Chester get stuck before, usually if you go so fast you get more than a screen away from him; then he just seems to stop (I haven't had him go back to base though!) If you have the walking cane, or coffee, on a paved road then this can very easily happen.

Share this comment