Can't Play

Gamewizerd
  • Closed

Just found the bug tracker so I thought I'd just leave this here. This is my original post but I'm typing this while its still pending:

It looks like it worked but idk. Anyway long story short, I get this error at random and it keeps me from playing the game. I was playing fine earlier today and I go to play later that night and nothing. The picture attached is the error I'm dealing with. Please help if anyone can...I'll make you meat balls?

helPlease.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
It will say "Update Paused" and when I go to play it gives me the message in the post. I'm unaware how to replicate this error.

User Feedback

Try restarting steam, this error pops up rarely. If restarting steam won't work try restarting the computer. If that won't work then I am sorry, can't suggest anything else T-T

Share this comment

The "missing file privileges" error message is happening because your Windows User Account has not given your Steam client the proper administrative permissions it needs to read/write to your hard drive. 

Please follow these steps to see if these help resolve the issue for you:

1) Run the Game as an Administrator 
- Run Don't Starve Together dontstarve_steam.exe as an administrator in your game folders (Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\dontstarve_steam.exe)
- Right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator"
- If that does not work, go to step #2.

2) Run Steam as an Administrator
- Fully close out of Steam and restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, right-click on the Steam icon > select "Run as Administrator"
- Try launching the game after you have administrator access.

Should the issue persist, your next, best step is to contact Windows Support for technical support regarding Windows User Accounts missing file or administrative privileges. Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/

Share this comment