Can't find any Servers

MrSmile151
  • Known Issue

Hello, so I have been playing don't starve together for a while now. And everything has been fine. But today (16-06-01) I could not find any servers. Not at all. I tried refresh the list, remove mods, verify game files and reinstall the game. But nothing seems to help. 

Steps to Reproduce
Open the game and go to browse games?

User Feedback

Hello @MrSmile151, welcome to the forums. Can you try this method:

• Right click Don't Starve Together from steam library
  • Click Properties
  • Select Local Files Tab
  • Click Browse Local Files
  • Open the bin folder
  • Right click dontstarve_steam.exe
  • Click Properties
  • Select Compatibility Tab
  • Enable Run this program as administrator
  • Click Apply
  • Click Ok
  • Open steam again and run Don't Starve from the Games Library again

Also make sure DST is enabled through your anti-virus and firewall as sometimes that could cause the game not to be able to find other servers.

Share this comment

For some reason, I got the same problem :( ( I though it was fixed yesterday)

I fixed it like the way @Zillvr said but now I couldn't find any servers.

Share this comment

@Eternity7, the issue happened again for you? Did you change anything on your PC between yesterday and now? And can you confirm if the dontstarve_steam.exe is still has "run this program as admistrator" enabled?

Share this comment

@ZillvrYep, it happended again. I'm sure that I change nothing after playing for a couple of hours. Dontstarve_steam.exe is still has "run this program as admistrator" enabled. Now I don't know what to do anymore :(

Edited by Eternity7

Share this comment

@Eternity7 can you check your client_log.txt file again, does it have the following line:

CURL ERROR: Operation too slow. Less than 5 bytes/sec transferred the last 60 seconds

That was what your client_log.txt showed before. I'm not assuming it's related to your internet connection. If you're running any background applications that consistently uses the internet, try and turn those off and try to check the server list again.

Share this comment

CURL ERROR: Operation too slow. Less than 5 bytes/sec transferred the last 60 seconds

@Zillvr Yes, it does have this following line. But I don't think my internet is the problem, I was able to saw server list before but after some patches, I couldn't see it anymore.

I try to reinstall DST, closes all background app... but server list haven't appear yet :(

Edited by Eternity7

Share this comment

@Eternity7 have you relogged your steam account yet? Or set the steam.exe file to run as administrator too before you start it up. Could help. Secondly, are any client mods active when you check the mods page?

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@Eternity7 have you relogged your steam account yet? Or set the steam.exe file to run as administrator too before you start it up. Could help. Secondly, are any client mods active when you check the mods page?

@Zillvr : I relogged my steam account, it doesn't help. Set the steam.exe to run as administrator, It doesn't works too. I also removed all client mods but I'm still not able to see server list :(

http://imgur.com/KZQq4m4

Share this comment

@MrSmile151:

Could you try opening the following address in a browser, and see what you get? 

https://d26ly0au0tyuy.cloudfront.net/lobbyListings.json.gz

Also, could you post your client_log.txt? You can find this file in the following location:                                

•     Windows: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt                   
  •     Mac: Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt                       
  •     Linux: ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt

Finally, assuming you're running windows, could you open a command prompt, enter the following commands, and post the output here?

nslookup d26ly0au0tyuy.cloudfront.net.
    ping d26ly0au0tyuy.cloudfront.net

Share this comment

[00:00:33]: CURL ERROR: (d2fr86khx60an2.cloudfront.net) Failed to connect to d2fr86khx60an2.cloudfront.net port 443: Timed out
[00:00:43]: CURL ERROR: (d2fr86khx60an2.cloudfront.net) Failed to connect to d2fr86khx60an2.cloudfront.net port 443: Timed out
[00:00:43]: Failed to retrieve server listings

Share this comment