Cannot connect to Klei servers

AnnoyingAudience
  • Closed

Well this sucks, I cant play my favorite game of all time now. Everytime I sign onto Dont Starve Together, It always and I mean ALWAYS says cannot connect to Klei servers. I am connected to my internet. What is going on? HELP! ;-;

Steps to Reproduce
I just logged in and it said it. It happens everytime and im forced to play offline :(

User Feedback

Hello @AnnoyingAudience, welcome to the forums. In your next reply can you attach the cllient_log.txt found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether? (Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReginBeta) if you're playing in the beta branch.

Note: You can check here for the Klei Server's status - https://www.kleientertainment.com/games/dont-starve-together/status

Edited by Zillvr

Share this comment

@AnnoyingAudience the contents of the client_log.txt should be able to determine why you're offline (so pls attach which ever client_log.txt if necessary. Either the one under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether if you're in the public build OR  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReginBeta if you're playing the anewreignbeta branch).

You did NOT click the "Play Offline" button after clicking the "Play" button while DST is Logging in.., correct?

Spoiler

20160910235015_1.jpg

Cause at that stage you should wait for the game to finish logging in.

Share this comment

@AnnoyingAudience there should be a client_log.txt in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether if you're in the public build OR  Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReginBeta if you're playing the anewreignbeta branch. Please attach the contents of the necessary client_log.txt, cause that can help determine what's happening.

Share this comment

Yes, based on that client_log.txt it seem you are running the public build. The game can't reach the Klei servers for some reason. I'd like for you to try a few things. Listed below:

Verify the integrity of the game cache

Make sure DST is closed before attempting this method. Steam has a very easy to follow process, found here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335. Once done, open DST again and do not press the Play Offline button after pressing Play.

Run this program as administrator

Make sure DST is closed and in Steam's Game Library, right click DST and click Properties. A steam window will open and select the Local Files Tab then click Browse Local Files. A windows explorer will open, so open the bin folder you'll see. Once inside the bin folder, right click dontstarve_steam.exe and then click Properties. Another window will open, you will now click the Compatibility Tab and enable "Run this program as administrator". Press "Apply" then "Ok". Then from Steam, open DST again and do not press the Play Offline button after pressing Play.

Other methods

If those two methods doesn't work, try the other methods found in this Klei Support Article: Can't Connect To Klei, Online Severs, and DST Account Creation Errors.

Share this comment

@AnnoyingAudience how long ago were you able to play DST normally in Online mode (joining dedicated servers, etc.)? Do you remember doing anything specific on your PC before all this happened(can't connect to Klei Servers)?

Share this comment

@Zillvr I could play DST like 3-4 days ago and it worked fine. I did get a ban from a couple of PvP servers because I killed the admin. I didn't do anything on my PC to trigger this. Guess I can't play again.

Share this comment

@AnnoyingAudience you're able to join online servers now? Well that's good at least you'd be able to play DST. Sadly, I still couldn't figure out why it wasn't letting you play online in the Public Build. Anyway, if you're still willing to test it out, try and disable the anewreignbeta branch and see if you're still unable to play and join in online servers in the public build.

If you'd rather just play instead, that's ok too. Have fun out there, cheers.

Share this comment