Bugs when boat is at high speed

Ponpon_PataPon
  • Can't Reproduce

Hi there, 

I noticed that having the boat at a really high speed (2 malbatross sails is enough) makes it unable to use the mouse to navigate (left click) or leave the steering wheel (right click). You can then only use the keyboard to change directions. Other players on the high speed boat have also issues.

Steps to Reproduce

Set a boat in the sea with 2 malbatross sails, a steering wheel and an anchor and try sailing at high speed, you cannot miss the issues. 

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

This happens to me on PS5 too, even with 1 winged sail and I've seen others complaining about it too. Could you please look into this again? ._.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, McNugget said:

This happens to me on PS5 too, even with 1 winged sail and I've seen others complaining about it too. Could you please look into this again? ._.

Maybe go to PS4 bug tracker?

Share this comment

Thanks for reporting this, I have the exact same problem and I reported this 10 days ago but didn't get any response.

@zarklord_klei Please have a look at this again as it is reproducible 5/5 times and it has been reported multiple times now. In order to reproduce, please make sure the "lag compensation" setting is set to ON. This is a big issue as it is impossible to drive the boat and avoid obstacles as you constantly freeze for a long time every time you grab the steering wheel or stop steering to do something else like drop anchor. Please note that this issue doesn't present itself when the "lag compensation" is set to OFF but only when it's set to ON.

Thanks!

Share this comment

1 hour ago, petterr44 said:

Thanks for reporting this, I have the exact same problem and I reported this 10 days ago but didn't get any response.

@zarklord_klei Please have a look at this again as it is reproducible 5/5 times and it has been reported multiple times now. In order to reproduce, please make sure the "lag compensation" setting is set to ON. This is a big issue as it is impossible to drive the boat and avoid obstacles as you constantly freeze for a long time every time you grab the steering wheel or stop steering to do something else like drop anchor. Please note that this issue doesn't present itself when the "lag compensation" is set to OFF but only when it's set to ON.

Thanks!

My testing was with lag compensation on, I could not reproduce it.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment