Bernie cannot be activated in lunar areas

HumanBean150
  • Closed

No matter the lunacy of the Willow player, Bernie will not activate while on the lunar island or in the lunar grotto.

Steps to Reproduce

Deploy Bernie in a lunar area, with varying sanities. 

User Feedback

Isn't that one intentional?

Cause you aren't "insane" per se. Just very "enlightened"

And when you enter Lunar area completely insane. Both the insanity effects are gone and enlightement doesn't affect you.

So i don't see how BERNIE! would be able to activate in this scenario.

Edited by ALCRD

Share this comment

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

Isn't that one intentional?

Cause you aren't "insane" per se. Just very "enlightened"

And when you enter Lunar area completely insane. Both the insanity effects are gone and enlightement doesn't affect you.

So i don't see how BERNIE! would be able to activate in this scenario.

I certainly hope it's not intentional.

The entire point of Bernie is to put yourself in danger slightly in order to benefit from having a bear to help you, and I think that it works just the same in the lunar areas. 

If it is intentional then that's a bit of a disappointment; I understand having to be insane to activate him, but not being able to activate him at all seems a little bit harsh. It would be similar to if Maxwell wasn't able to use or craft his shadows at all in lunar areas: yeah, maybe it makes sense in terms of lore, but it isn't fun.

Share this comment

Well Bernie's purpose was to protect you from Shadow monsters. Needing to be insane and her official animated video and him taking priority in attacking and drawing their attention do seem to confirm that.

There are no nightmare creatures within Lunar influence. So BERNIE not activating seems like a intentional design.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment