Ban abuse in mods. Very unfair precedent.

Bird Up
  • Pending

I have nothing against this gist of this mod, it kicks people with a recorded history of griefing. But I'm bringing this up because this client mod allows you to do something you most certainly shouldn't be able to do.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2007563445

My friend used this mod and said he was a DAY 1 character in a 2000 day world in the Klei official server Hound Huggles. And just upon entering, the mod automatically started a kick vote against another player in the server because they were on the DST_Survivors ban list. Notice, my friend was day 1 and was able to start a kick vote. My friend was then kicked by a separate vote because the Hound Huggles people were perplexed that he could start a kick vote on day 1. They accused him of being a hacker, but he just happened to be using the mod.

That is impossible to do without mods. Mods should not be able to allow you to start a kick vote on day 1. Obvious abuse of power with mods. It's a disturbing precedent that I have only seen with this mod, I hope you fix it Klei. Otherwise, I have no issue with the mod itself. It just should NOT give you new kicking powers that others don't have.

Steps to Reproduce

Use this mod and have someone from the DST_Survivors ban list in your game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

While is not ok to be able to kick on day 1 of your spawning on a server, I fully support the kicking of known griefers - they had it coming for a long time now and should reap what they proverbially sow.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I would recommend to use this mod, instead of kicking random people with similar name to griefter in klei server =))). And the banlist is based on the list of DST group server/ Diverse Survivor, where the evidience is concrete, also they give a fair chance to players want to redeem themself to get out of the banlist as well.

Share this comment

On 4/15/2020 at 4:48 AM, FuriousChimera said:

I would recommend to use this mod, instead of kicking random people with similar name to griefter in klei server =))). And the banlist is based on the list of DST group server/ Diverse Survivor, where the evidience is concrete, also they give a fair chance to players want to redeem themself to get out of the banlist as well.

It's not the kicking that I think is objectionable; I'm not terribly familiar with the group but I have no reason to doubt that their records of griefers are fair and accurate. It's that this mod somehow allows people to start kick votes on Day 1 of their playtime when that wouldn't be possible for players who aren't using any mods. That's not supposed to be possible, and client-side mods aren't supposed to make it possible, so is the mod using an exploit to do it? What's going on there?

The mod's Steam Workshop page loaded for me, btw.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, CameoAppearance said:

It's not the kicking that I think is objectionable; I'm not terribly familiar with the group but I have no reason to doubt that their records of griefers are fair and accurate. It's that this mod somehow allows people to start kick votes on Day 1 of their playtime when that wouldn't be possible for players who aren't using any mods. That's not supposed to be possible, and client-side mods aren't supposed to make it possible, so is the mod using an exploit to do it? What's going on there?

The mod's Steam Workshop page loaded for me, btw.

The day 1 votes kick has been fixed by Klei, so the kick function now works normally instead of giving people advantage to vote day 1 and there is no exploited in the mod as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment