=15 Jan 2021= Item duplication bug is still working.

Malby
  • Fixed

Duplicate stuff in DST - Don't Starve Together - Klei Entertainment Forums

Yes I know this one is fixed already

but you can still duplicate stuff with similar method 

just swap the place between surface and cave.

unknown.thumb.png.5ae569dac02ccd8997777d71eb0ec6a5.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. keep items you want to duplicate in your inventory and stay on surface

2. wait for next day

3. go into the cave and drop everything on the ground in cave

4. wait for next day

5. rollback the server

6. when 5sec timer start click the stair to go up to surface

7. you will stuck in loading screen forever -- close the game and join back

8. now you have the items both in your inventory AND on the ground in cave

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

If you can give more specific steps, and the server logs for when you did duplication, I can try and find this issue.

Changed Status to Can't Reproduce

Share this comment

why not keep this for those that deal with grievers! i never get more than one mac tusk and people leave with walking canes. 

Also mandrakes. i have people take from the box and leave.

i feel you need to make some items we are super limited on be less limited on PS4 or xbox. on PC they just poof make more we can’t. allow us to for crying out loud. 

i should be able to grow 1 mandrake a year or something. 

I want the same abilities they have on PC on Consol why can’t you make that happen?

or provide us a locking mechanism for chess so I can lock it and only allow certain people to get in. The whole point of don’t start together is playing together but you’ve created a world of grievers who just come in to watch the world burn. You can only roll back five days and sometimes you’re stuck in the caves longer than that and come back to realize everything is destroyed. It’s a waste of time.

I would switch but I’ve already spent over $100 on skins on PS4. None of those will transfer over to my online steam version.

Edited by FTL-AK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad Dupe 2

Share this comment

On 1/17/2021 at 6:33 AM, FTL-AK said:

why not keep this for those that deal with grievers! i never get more than one mac tusk and people leave with walking canes. 

Also mandrakes. i have people take from the box and leave.

i feel you need to make some items we are super limited on be less limited on PS4 or xbox. on PC they just poof make more we can’t. allow us to for crying out loud. 

i should be able to grow 1 mandrake a year or something. 

I want the same abilities they have on PC on Consol why can’t you make that happen?

or provide us a locking mechanism for chess so I can lock it and only allow certain people to get in. The whole point of don’t start together is playing together but you’ve created a world of grievers who just come in to watch the world burn. You can only roll back five days and sometimes you’re stuck in the caves longer than that and come back to realize everything is destroyed. It’s a waste of time.

I would switch but I’ve already spent over $100 on skins on PS4. None of those will transfer over to my online steam version.

You do realize how insane something such as a duplication bug is right?

Also you will only really have problems with griefers on public servers, which sadly there is not much you can do about on Console. But what you can do is make a private server where only your friends could join to prevent griefing.

Besides it is already possible to get certain things back on Console versions, such as mandrakes. The only thing Console versions lack is mod support which could make things like these renewable more easily, but otherwise pc players have to deal with all these things just like console players. If you have things that you want to keep save then you have to just be careful and only play with people you trust, which is very difficult on public servers, but that is why the option to host a game yourself exists.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Duplication is bad I 100% get that but on console you people who steal stuff. I will play with friends mainly now but even they sometimes forget to drop something in their inventory.

why don’t we have a way to use Flint which you always seem to have an abundance of to create a lock on a crate for the host. Even if it’s just the host. This would allow them to lock up at least nine items out of time so people don’t come in and just grieve. 

also you’re telling me to just play with friends on Consol. That can get very limited. And I’m gonna fall back to my argument of it’s completely different on steam where you can just re-create any item or re-create any boss and show up we don’t have that capability. If you’re a streamer and someone comes in burns down your place or grieves everything. On PC or Mac you can just immediately remake those items. On Consol you are limited to a five day rollback.

It’s called don’t starve together I want to play with new people. So you’re telling me to basically play solo because I can’t trust the world which sucks. If it’s such an issue why do you guys play in the service that people are constantly rolling back why don’t you just leave?

I play in a few servers every time the main post dies they roll back it’s a pain in the butt but I really enjoy the server so I stay.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 1/21/2021 at 3:04 AM, Freshness said:

You do realize how insane something such as a duplication bug is right?

Also you will only really have problems with griefers on public servers, which sadly there is not much you can do about on Console. But what you can do is make a private server where only your friends could join to prevent griefing.

Besides it is already possible to get certain things back on Console versions, such as mandrakes. The only thing Console versions lack is mod support which could make things like these renewable more easily, but otherwise pc players have to deal with all these things just like console players. If you have things that you want to keep save then you have to just be careful and only play with people you trust, which is very difficult on public servers, but that is why the option to host a game yourself exists.

Console has no privet server. - If i am not online they cant be in my world. 

Its called Don't Starve Together - I want to play with people. I have to open it up to have people join. Not to many friends play most have left for other games. After day 100 I have to deal with constant grievers or close the world. - DST more like DS. whats the point. 

Please add a lock to the game use flint or gold so I can allow people I trust to open. It would have to be on the DF chest so they dont burn. But might help keep my stuff and not start over.  

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment