Duplicate stuff in DST

LovelyCat
  • Fixed

There is a big problem with saving day and saving character's location in-game. When you follow the steps bellow you can duplicate all stuff that you want.(example: deerclops eyeball, guardian horn, renewable stuff, and rare stuff, ...). This bug is still working in public server (I did in Klei's server). When I did the step 6, my game's crashed. I tried to join back that server and I was in cave with my stuff (deerclop's eyeball). After that I join back surface, my stuff(deerclop's eyeball) that I stored in chest (from step 4) still there. thats meant: Deerclop's eyeball has been duplicated. Deerclop's eyeball just for example, I can do with any items that I want. I hope Klei will fix this bug.

Thanks in advance for your reply! 

Steps to Reproduce

Step 1: Choose any item for duplicating then join cave with those items.(better join at dusk-time)
Step 2: Wait for the day to pass.

Step 3: Come back to the surface.

Step 4: Store/ drop item that you want to duplicate then wait for the day to pass again.

Step 5: Die any way you want.

Step 6: Rollback the server and enter cave when the time is counting 5...(Your game maybe crashed or loading forever)

Step 7: Join back that server.  --You should be in cave at this step--

Step 8: Come back surface and you will see the items thats duplicated. You can see both in inventory and where you stored/droped at step 4.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I saw them duplicate stuff so many time in public server. They even duplicate stack of bacon and eggs! And after abused this glitch so many time noone wanna farming or building anymore. So pls fix this glitch, it killing the game !

Some suggestion for this bug :

- prevent go down cave while the game rollback.

- remove 5s countdown while rollback

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

Think the other day I wasn't able to play since there were a group of people continuously rolling back in order to duplicate rare items.

• Health 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

No wonder people keep rolling back without any reason. Tbh, its super frustrating for other players to do this. I tried the following steps in klei cactcoon server, it works. 

Why is it necessarily has to be fixed immediately?

- Old players are disappointed with those player’s behaviour and started to quit dst ( klei doesnt even trying to fix this bug )

- those players who know this glitch use it continuously in public by showing off to the newbie 

- break the player’s gaming experience ( without farming hard you can get the items by just stealing other player’s stuff and duplicate em)

Ive been seeing players keep doing this glitch in  CACTCOON , PENGULL, DST SINGAPORE LAGLESS, DST SINGAPORE ENDLESS. Please fix this, i dont like to keep rolling back while my whole day’s work is wasted

Edited by loveIsForMore
  • Sad 2
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

Hopefully this bug can be fixed as soon as possible. Unlike most other game breaking bugs, this one is just too easy to do (assuming you have friends to call for a rollback) and doesn't cost anything at all.

• Sad 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

Step 5 is not necessary

You don't need to die to duplicate thing

download.jpg.419ae51374f7f94b18b5c7c517364312.jpg

There are so many people abuse this duplicate bug in pubs right now

It's really annoying because they keep spamming rollback world

I hope this get fixed soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 3

Share this comment

10 hours ago, hannyshe said:

Think the other day I wasn't able to play since there were a group of people continuously rolling back in order to duplicate rare items.

I agree that

Share this comment

It is really sad that they duplicate things easily, I miss the old days that we collect things, struggle to survive, starve together and try not to die a lot. 

Now they just double things easily and even die for that. It will definately ruin the game if the bug keep exist. Hope this can be fixed and thank you for the effort to keep the game better and better. 

• Sad 1

Share this comment

I've posted a video showing this glitch about a year ago, specifically on console, trying to get it patched, hope it gets fixed soon

• Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

On 1/2/2021 at 6:43 AM, Stockburger said:

I've posted a video showing this glitch about a year ago, specifically on console, trying to get it patched, hope it gets fixed soon

I see that you posted. But its seem not like big issue when its on your world. Try to make it in public like Klei's server.
Btw, I've just seen your post in this bug tracker from 1 year ago, I did see any post like this when I was searching. But your post is kinda less infomation for developers to patch this.
Thanks to your video also!

Share this comment

Yall are wrong how the duplication still work until this day u don't have to die in order to duplicate and no when u relog in u do not spawn in the cave 

Share this comment