Cloths in my inventory are gone!

ImitationEve
  • Closed

I just started the Gorge Beta and now the skins I bought are gone

This is just a bug, right?

Steps to Reproduce
Just applied the Gorge beta to the game

User Feedback

So, after I uninstalled the beta, uninstalled DST and reinstalled DST w/o the beta, all of my stuff! EVERYTHING! Is gone, nothing is left, zilch, nada, nothing is left. I am so infuriated right now, their has to be some way to get my stuff back b/c I spent sooo much money on my skins and if I don't get them back, Klei will never hear the end of it!

Share this comment

18 minutes ago, ABiteInTheNight said:

So, after I uninstalled the beta, uninstalled DST and reinstalled DST w/o the beta, all of my stuff! EVERYTHING! Is gone, nothing is left, zilch, nada, nothing is left. I am so infuriated right now, their has to be some way to get my stuff back b/c I spent sooo much money on my skins and if I don't get them back, Klei will never hear the end of it!

It's a caching bug. Maybe check other similar bugs that sound like your situation? There's plenty of them in the bug tracker by now lol
And there's literally no way Klei would deprive you of something there is proof you paid for. That's just something ridiculous to imagine

Share this comment

42 minutes ago, ABiteInTheNight said:

This seems to be a very common bug right now. It's happened to me. I was able to fix it by going to Documents>Klei>DoNotStarveTogether>client_save and deleting the files inventory_cache and inventory_cache_sig.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

A developer has replied to an identical report.

12 hours ago, PeterA said:

There was a local caching bug on the beta, your items are still safe, but your game is just in a confused state. You can delete your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\inventory_cache file, or wait until the next update.

Nope, they are separate and will remain on your beta account.

I suggest looking for identical issues on the BugTracker before posting your own report. But, I guess, it's not gonna happen.

Share this comment