In the base game, whenever I kill a butterfly the game crashes

woodchip
  • Pending

I can run around and play it relatively care, free but whenever I kill a butterfly it crashes. At first I thought it was just picking up items but later figured out it was linked to butterflies. I don't understand it but it's very annoying right now I can't play DST, just The Forge, which is amazing by the way great job guys!! Anyways I hope you can find out why it's doing this, and fix it soon , I really have an itch to play your game!

Steps to Reproduce
Kill a butterfly, sometimes it crashes after you try to pick up the wings too

User Feedback

It's most likely something on your side as I just went back to stable branch of DST (opt-ed out of The Forge beta) and all works just fine, meaning i killed two butterfly and got butter from one and also picked wings and game didn't crash. Go to Library, right click on Don't Starve Together, pick Properties and on the pop-up you will get called Don't Starve Together - Properties go to Local Files tab and in there click on Verify integrity of game files. If something didn't copy as should for some reason it will be downloaded again. Give this a try and reply back.

Edited by cezarica

Share this comment

I tried verifying the integrity of the game files and the same thing happens, I don't want to opt out of the beta because I don't know if it will save my progress.

Share this comment

after opting out of the beta, and trying it it worked fine like you said. Then I rejoined the beta and it saved all everything so problem solved! A world of thanks to you sir!!

Share this comment

Just wanted to confirm this bug as well.  If I play the game within the beta, if I or another player in my game kills a butterfly, bee, or another mob in my game (only tested single kill creatures), the game begins to hang and it states that it "lost connection to server".  All progress from the day is lost.

By going back to the non forge, my progress can resume as normal.  These are the files for the server (.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster1/Master/server_log.txt).  Hope that helps.

client_log.txt

server_log.txt

Share this comment