Hamlet early access with controller & gears

I am loving Hamlet. I play dst a lot with my husband and even though Hamlet is a single player game, we were very excited to play it. I was glad to see you could play with your controller (ps4). The only 2 issues I can see right now and they are.......

Gears! Oh my is that annoying. The shop in the second Pig City sells them...maybe. You have to have a lot of money on you in hopes that if you buys something, gears will be stocked in its place. I read a suggestion once that I loved. For Hamlet only, since gears are so hard to come by, we could craft them. Maybe using iron or even gold. That’s food for thought.

Playing with a controller. I use a ps4 controller. I just like the feel better. It was because of Hamlet that my husband and I bought the bundle pack on steam for pc. We truly love these games. That being said...since we do use a controller, there are things we cannot do. We can’t renovate the house. The tab opens, it’s blank and only says Garland. Also, we cannot use the smelter. I have looked to see if other people have complained about that and they have. Seems to be a common problem. 

Well in just wanted to bring those two issues up in case anyone is having the same issues. I do hope both will be fixed soon

Originally I didn't like the mechanic of the shop-slot machine for cloth and other items. I've gone over 40 days on my current run without an umbrella because the general store wasn't stocking it and I kept expecting it to, and was doing other things to not collect web.

Now that I've gone 127 days and 141 days, and discovered a few things that I won't spoil for you, I'm alright with the way things work right now. The "Shop Slot Machine" (as I call it). It can indeed be annoying, but its a different sort of challenge. Not quite like when you're trying to get a spider gland to make a heart for your ghost-friend, but keep getting web and spider meat, but yet similar.

=-=-=-=

Again, I don't want to give you an spoilers, but I will say there are ways you can get a bit more control, or at least increase your odds.

Archived