Server no errors but can't find in browser

Hi all, 

I've been playing this server for a few days, but all of a sudden I'm unable to find my server in the server browser.

I am also unable to directly connect to it. 

I did not change anything in the server settings. I've set up servers many times so I'm wondering why all of a sudden it's not working. 

I would appreciate if anyone could look at my attached server_log.txt and let me know if I have messed something up, I have looked through but I am unable to identify any errors. 

Please pardon my mods enabled. Hope I'm posting this thread in the right place.

Thank you for your time! :)

server_log.txt

Hello @Arins, welcome to the forums. This is just a hunch, but have you disabled the auto-update for your dedicated server when it starts up? Because DST is an new build (v295201), and assuming you didn't allow your dedicated server to autoupdate on start up then it's probably still running in the older version (v294553). Looking at your server_log.txt it seems that it is running the older version.

So enable the auto update line in your batch file when you run your dedicated server and everything should be good again.

Only game version and dedicated server version that are the same are able to see each other.

I hope that helps, cheers.

Exactly what Zillvr said. I just want to add that you can check if the listing is borked, or if you actually have a version mismatch by connecting directly to your server using the command from your main menu:

c_connect("<server ip>",<port>,"<password>")
  or
c_connect("<server ip>",<port>)

Depending on if you have a password or not.

If your server is actually out of date you'll get the message that you have a version mismatch.

Thank you both, it seems like as Zillvr said, my server was outdated! 

Direct connect works now as well, thank you! 

Sorry for not checking before posting this thread, did not believe I could miss such a simple issue. :oops:

Thank you for taking the time to reply me, my issue has been fixed! :D

14 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @Arins, welcome to the forums. This is just a hunch, but have you disabled the auto-update for your dedicated server when it starts up? Because DST is an new build (v295201), and assuming you didn't allow your dedicated server to autoupdate on start up then it's probably still running in the older version (v294553). Looking at your server_log.txt it seems that it is running the older version.

So enable the auto update line in your batch file when you run your dedicated server and everything should be good again.

Only game version and dedicated server version that are the same are able to see each other.

I hope that helps, cheers.

I have the same trouble and eveything goes well after I update DST manually.

But I have no idea about how to enable the auto-update for dedicated server.

Can you tell me how to get it ?

Thanks a lot!

8 hours ago, yexu_i said:

I used LINUX.

Thank you .

You can just add this line to your startup script:

./steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir "<install_dir>" +login anonymous +app_update 343050 validate +quit

This will automaticially update your server on boot. (Replace <install_dir> with your actual installation directory, or leave the entire +force_install_dir argument away if you left it in the default location.)

Keep in mind that this command also does an integrity check of your server instance, and therefore deletes all changes you might have done manually. Some people had issues with the <server dir>/mods/dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua file getting reset on every launch, and therefore rendered unable to install any mods on their server.

Archived