rate of event cosmetic drops

Let me see if I have this right. An event like Hallowed Nights lasts about 3 weeks. You can get 4 presents per week. Typically 1 of those is a curio chest. So, you can expect to get about 3-4 cosmetics during the event, then you have to wait until next year. How is that even remotely fair? Even if every present dropped a curio chest, there's no way to get all the event cosmetics. Honestly, why even bother putting them in the game?

I nearly always get at least 2 curio chests a week when the events are up. Of course, this isn't enough to get a ton of the stuff, but keep in mind you can also trade items and that all event gear can be Woven from spools.

But to be fair, unless you save spools from forge/gorge, it's not easy to get a lot more of them during these mini-events. It's pretty much just going back over your forge/gorge items and thinking about which ones you don't actually like that much.

And in the end, if you really want to get a lot of the Hallowed Nights skins, the idea is you go and buy them. Releasing all these new skin sets is basically Klei fundfaising to pay for future Don't Starve content, because they keep making all these events like Forge/Gorge and the A New Reign expansion for free.

edit:In this case there may actually be some overlap where you can still Weave the Hallowed Nights items whilst earning spools off Forge as it's supposedly coming out today, so there's that, too.

Archived