How to cool in Vacuum?

Hi,

im experimenting with solar panel in space, and I have a setup that should automatically remove asteroid dirt with robo miners, sadly those heat up while running so I thought running some cool hydrogen in pipes thourgh metal tiles below them should do the trick...but nope it seems there is no heat transfert from a tile to a maschine sitting on top of it :(  also temp shift plates dont work, is this really intended?

Pics see below.

Some are lower in temp because I deconstructed some pipes full of cold hydrogen but now they are not moving. Construction is not finished I want to have bunker doors over all of glass tiles.

Neither temp shift plates or drywalls helped. I think my only way is to build dry walls with temp shift and spill some crude oil on the tiles but I think this is not a very logical behavior since the miner and the cold tile are in direct contact with each other and should transfer heat (as tile against tile also works in vacuum)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

There are a few ways to do it. Easiest is building the robominers from steel. Regolith rarely goes above 275oC and i the end will cool your miners below overheat point.
Another way is to drip some liquid on them. Liquid will be lost to space unless you build some drywall behind it. You could also ven some gas you can spare, like some CO2. It wiil cool the machines but might not be enough for heat from regolith. Works better if the miners are upside down.

36 minutes ago, Krafkalasch said:

I think this is not a very logical behavior since the miner and the cold tile are in direct contact with each other and should transfer heat (as tile against tile also works in vacuum)

Don't confuse game physics with REAL physics

Check this thread as it goes over a lot of information about using robo miners in space

Archived