Thanks for the beta! Here's some thoughts

I enjoyed it a lot! I poured in quite a lot of hours and didn't even get to see everything for myself yet. A huge chunk of feedback probably boils down to bugs and polishing so I won't dwell on that too much. As for content itself, I've seen some great suggestions around here and I'm excited too see what's in store for us in the full version. So here's just some random stuff that came to mind:

Resources

I love the stone slabs a lot! Reminds me of being a kid. I think I saw someone say this is already planned, but I would suggest making them fall back into place after a set amount of time after flipping and being left alone. This would make rock and flint more accessible but what I care about more is making the bean bugs and gummy slugs renewable. If this has too big of an impact on balancing there could be less of them on world gen. 

Vampire bats

I think the shadows before their arrival are wicked cool. The waves of these guys get pretty huge but I've found them manageable as long as I'm around pig guards to help whittle their numbers. What really sets them apart from hounds/crocodogs for me is how hard it is to shake them off when other mobs aren't actively targeting them. They can get the drop on you while you're far away from a pig society pretty bad. 

Seeing their numbers, more variety in their drops would be welcome. I accumulated more pig skins than I knew what to do with. Alternatively more uses for those could be introduced too. Encountering more breeds like the hounds and their fire and ice counterparts would be interesting as well.

So since I've been relying on pig guards to help deal with the bats a lot I made a bush hat. In this version of the game however, the hide action will still always be cancelled when your character speaks. I'd love to see the bush hat updated to be able to keep up the hiding function like it does in Together, with the little bouncy animation when talking.

Weather

Going in blind the new weather effects really messed me up but that's how you learn. :'D 

I feel like the fog and pollen shouldn't affect temple rooms beyond the first one. Actually I'm pretty sure the fog already doesn't aside from the character announcing that their equipment is too heavy despite being able to move fine. But yeah, I think logically underground ruins wouldn't be the same as outside air plus it would help push to player to explore them more while the aboveground gets more uncomfortable. 

What I'd really like to see from the fog is light sources being able to shine through the filter a little. Right now it's like a heavy, opaque curtain.

image.png.39e9fdfc70650a7bd7481ec8221527c5.png

There is a campfire at the x but from just your current field of vision there would be absolutely no telling. Having a blurry light shine through will not only help with orientation but will also better reinforce the fog as a visual effect. 

So that's just some general ideas! If anyone else has additions to make, feel absolutely free.

Archived