We need an expander device for two phase flow or liquids flashing to gases. Rather than bursting pipes or having their integrity damaged by flashing gases, we could have an expander to allow space for the liquid to expand and not break the pipes. I have a little concept I drew up quickly but these devices are used commonly or a two phase flow lines that can handle gas and liquid flow are placed in areas it might occur. Feel free to leave ideas or critiques.

expander concept.png

Maybe a big building. But a "small" device like this would be to simple.

Liquid does not turn into gas so easely, it depend on the temperature and the pressure.

I'm not for a small device like this.

And building a system to turn liquid into gas (or the invert) is, in my opinion, part of the fun of this game.

Adding more and more shorcuts would break the fun. :p

well, it could be a device like a valve that dupes would have to learn through research. Expansion valves are quite common in industry and used for a range of different services. And yes there are specific temp/press requirements and since the game doesn't have a "pressure" variable but rather a weight, it would make it a challenge to implement something like this. There wouldn't be a need for a large building to create something as simple as pressure drop or increase, just a valve. Thank you for your thoughts!

Archived