What if you could store time?

I often find myself throwing some logs on the fire just as night falls, and then I open up the map to stop time... give myself some time to think. Where do I go next? What am I trying to accomplish now?

Once I've mulled over those questions, I unfreeze time just in time to notice that no time has elapsed, and I still have to wait 1XX seconds until I can see the world again. All that time wasted...

AHA! But what if you could bank that time and use it later? An interesting game mechanic appears!

8 hours ago, Skittish Robot said:

I often find myself throwing some logs on the fire just as night falls, and then I open up the map to stop time... give myself some time to think. Where do I go next? What am I trying to accomplish now?

Once I've mulled over those questions, I unfreeze time just in time to notice that no time has elapsed, and I still have to wait 1XX seconds until I can see the world again. All that time wasted...

AHA! But what if you could bank that time and use it later? An interesting game mechanic appears!

or just a weird way of skipping the night.
and what if you skip time when fighting mobs?
the idea could probably be used, but for me it seem like its just converting night into day, or an alternative to tents.

Archived