Random Sand tiles popping up

I am currently at cycle 2818 and started in rocketry update.

I have a slush puppy up top by the surface and i used to to cool the entire surface. took like 1500 cycles but it got done. I had polluted water snaking from one side to the other and back to cool all the regolith up there. I think i had around 50k tons. I started deleting new regolith by enabling debug mode. It is now at a better amount so not needed.

I have noticed about 5 or 6 times a new patch of sand in the waters path as it flows. the latest one absolutely has way of forming that I am aware of. This block is 1109mg. any ideas?

oni sand.jpg

oni sand2.jpg

no rockets were launched in the last 200 cycles. and this for sure popped up with no launches. also surface has been below 60 degrees for a long time. the sand was 22 degrees.  i was thinking a dupe might have dropped some how igneous rock. but there was nothing stuck in it. also other sand popped up when the hottest items i was transporting were 80 degrees or less before i tamed the volcano.

Oh and the plastic ladder probably would have melted if that was the case.

Well, if it always forms on that ladder spot, then probably due to mess of pure water and polluted water, and dups tend to throw stuff from top off a ladder... and sometimes this stuff is hot... guess the rest. They can deliver 10kg of hot regolith to some deodorizer... then drop in small pool of PW (like 300g or even less...) and boom.... sand forms.

Plastic melt at 159C, PW boil at 119C... so all heat absorbed by water.

I've seen this happen several times now in several places, and it's usually due to localized superheating of PW sufficient to cook the residual dirt into sand. The dirt drops as debris, then forms a tile when it becomes sand.

This is especially comical when a dupe carrying a red-hot ingot of refined metal grabbed from a volcano runs through a shallow puddle of PW: the puddle gets distilled in place and occasionally a sand tile spontaneously forms blocking the passageway behind them.

Archived