How do I back up my save file?

TYOS

I remember a few months back when all of my saves got deleted after an update. A "fix" was later applied a few days later that was supposed to restore all save files deleted during this update, however mine didn't come back. C'est la vie. I'm currently in my first world where I'm approaching 500 days, and I've made significant progress (a nice base, tam o' shanter, and a snurtle shell among others). I would be pretty miffed if a future Hamlet related update deleted my current progress. So here's my question: Is there a way to back up save files so that if an update deletes them I'll still be able to salvage my game instead of starting from scratch again? Thanks in advance for any help or advice that's offered.

Thanks for your help! Interestingly enough, I play Don't Starve through Steam, however my save file was stored in the non-Steam (Your Documents folder)/Klei/DoNotStarve/save/ location. I'm assuming that survival_3 is my current save file, because my save is in the third slot, I'm playing survival mode, and the date modified is 10/21/2018, which is today.

Archived