Wheezworts Not Cooling Chlorine Gas Below 20 F?

So, in order to feed my gas grass for my Gassy Moos, you need to cool down chlorine the a liquid state. As I've seen in the past, this happens naturally in cold biomes, but i wanted it in a controlled environment (aka a box w/ a pump and wheezworts) I have a cooling room for food using two wheezworts, and the temp in there is around -70 F. So I know that they can cool gasses that far.

The problem: I filled the room with chlorine, and within about twenty cycles I have the chlorine at -20 F, but then another ten cycles (I kinda forgot about it) and I look up expecting to see some chlorine liquid, and all I see is some chlorine gas at -20 F! Another ten cycles, and no change. 

Is this a bug? Or is this a game mechanic not really known? 

32 minutes ago, wachunga said:

Wheezeworts will only cool a gas to about 5C or 9F above it's condensation point. You will need to have the chlorine gas in a separate room from your hydrogen wheezeworts. Cool the chlorine with a radiator or adjoining metal wall. 

You sure about that?  I frequently see stray chlorine drift into my ice biomes and condense near the wheezworts.

Yes. What you are seeing is the wheezeworts cooling oxygen or carbon dioxide and they in turn cool the chlorine. Use debug or sandbox to place a wheezewort in a room of entirely chlorine and see what temperature it stabilizes at. Do the same with carbon dioxide.

Archived