Hey Klei, I think everybody would love a little hint as to what's going on :)

Dear Klei, I just made an account today, only minutes before this actually, just to say that I think everyone is waiting on something that deals with Griftlands. It is an absolutely amazing looking game, and very understandably a large project. I don't think people feel like they need anything about when the game will come out, or what's going on with it in development, but affirmation of its progress, or something along the lines of "Yup, we are getting there" or "Griftlands still exists" would be nice. I don't mean to sound brash, however, there has been almost nothing said about it for a year now, and we all care to check in on your projects :) Thanks! Spectre.

Yup, we are getting there. Griftlands still exists.

All joking aside. We don't generally say much unless we have something very specific to say. We will have more info about Griftlands when we have something exciting for you. So, I expect you'll hear more when we're getting ready for a closed beta.

I can't thank you enough for responding so soon! Usually complaints that I've ever had with games gets disregarded or feel inconsequential/ the developers don't feel comfortable giving a straight answer, but this alone makes me feel better about voicing my own personal questions. Also, I completely understand that, I can't wait to not only know more, but to experience the new title :)

I understand. And we definitely have a habit of keeping quiet about a lot of things. However, it's not because we don't care - it's that we get excited too and it's better not to say something unless you're really sure that it's gonna happen. And as it is we already have a habit of getting over excited about things and announcing them early. *cough*

Going back to this topic, I was wondering if the projections are still correct? is it looking like a late '18 or maybe a '19 release? it's understandable if that isn't answerable, Just curious, can't thank you guys enough for being such a wonderful company!

Archived