Wormholes used as a sanity drain is too good atm

I think at the moment that wormholes are too good at draining sanity. It's alot more efficient than eating monster meat or wearing nightmare armor and wielding the dark sword (I think they drain 3 sanity/minute per item, and that isn't even close to spamming 15 sanity away rapidly).Should there be a cooldown on using the wormhole, or some way to punish the player more? I remember hearing about some plans for wormholes to spawn monsters in some way, maybe that could fix this problem.

I have proposed shortly before that Insanity might be the side effect of using Magic and dealing with magical stuff (such as wormholes)In such case, a character ( "Wilson" ) must be somewhat insane only to start seeing the wormholes (and other magical things and creatures around ) and gotta be even more mad to be able to use them.Plus, dealing with magical stuff should pull the person even deeper into the madness. 'Guess that would balance it out.

Yeye, but meant for balancing, at the moment if you want to drain sanity you go jump into a wormhole 6 times. There is nothing that's even close to being that efficient. One way to fix this is that you only lose sanity from the wormhole the first time and then a cooldown of 15-30 seconds begin, after that time you would lose sanity for using the wormhole again.It feels better for the gameplay if you drain your sanity in the most efficient way eating cooked monster meats and/or wearing nightmare armor and the dark sword while being near spiders or some other monster. Wormholes could be a helpfull factor in losing sanity, but it should be done completely using it.

Yeye, but meant for balancing, at the moment if you want to drain sanity you go jump into a wormhole 6 times. There is nothing that's even close to being that efficient. It feels better for the gameplay if you drain your sanity in the most efficient way eating cooked monster meats ... Wormholes could be a helpfull factor in losing sanity, but it should be done completely using it.

I actually like it how folks are recognizing now that "Insanity" mode is either a punishment for nothing (being implemented the "hard" way) or - something along the LSD drug line to a player's character, which (s)he actively looks for. I really believe that both ways are no good for a generic audience computer game...